FIOS Guide data is horrible
DCGTLS
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am getting sick and tired of having to always go thru and delete tons of shows that were not supossed to be recorded and missing shows that did not record because the guide data is wrong.

Examples:

CSI: NY set to record all new episodes. It will record some days 4 or 5 episodes and not record the new ones.

Dr Who set to record all new episodes. The show is currently between seasons but it will still record all of the eprisodes that air.

Colony set to record all new episodes. Records every episode that airs.

I have missed recordings of season/series finalies.

There have been times when a show did not record because the HDD was 100% full of shows that should not have recorded.

I have called several times over the past few years to complain about this and have been told that this is out of Verizons controll and I am more than welcome to cancel and switch to another provider. One rep even started to cancel my service and told me it would be shut off the following day and I stopped her. The customer support at Verizon FIOS is terrible.

If I could afford to go buy an Tivo HD I would, but in these days who can afford to spend a few hundred dollars on something like this?

I would like to see this corrected.

Re: FIOS Guide data is horrible
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
DCGTLS
Enthusiast - Level 3

We can hope that they are getting a new data provider. If not there is no way that a firmware upgrade will help anything. Maybe they worked something out with the curent vendor and this upgrade is a joint venture.

I won't expect anything from this so that way I can not be dissapointed.

0 Likes
Sh9168
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why doesn't Verizon listen to this complaint? I find it interesting that there is no VZ moderator for this thread. Almost everyone is in agreement that the guide is just plain bad. Yet Verizon does nothing about it. I know that the info is put out by FYI and Verizon has nothing to do with the content. But Verizon hired FYI and they should tell FYI to get there act togeather or they will find another compay. Also, if the Direct TV guide is better, why then do they not use that guide company for fios. I should think Verizon would want to put the best product out there to get more of the market. Can anyone explain to me why this issue goes unresolved? Thank you

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Sh9168 wrote:

...   Can anyone explain to me why this issue goes unresolved? Thank you

Probably due to contractual agreement.  Don't know how long the contract with FYI extends, but I hope Verizon puts enough pressure on them when re-negotiating or better yet switches to a different provider.  Just my totally unofficial opinion Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
jkiv
Contributor - Level 1

@Keyboards wrote:

@Sh9168 wrote:

...   Can anyone explain to me why this issue goes unresolved? Thank you

Probably due to contractual agreement.  Don't know how long the contract with FYI extends, but I hope Verizon puts enough pressure on them when re-negotiating or better yet switches to a different provider.  Just my totally unofficial opinion Smiley Tongue

Well if it's a "contractual agreement" I would assume that the other party to the agreement has to provide a service for payment.  When the guide data is consistantly wrong, when repeat shows are being recorded as new and when information provided is less then the minimal expected I would think Verizon would have cause to cancel or withold payment.  If this isn't happening then Verizon is at fault and no one else.

0 Likes
Sh9168
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want an explanation from verizon as too why this issue has not been addressed. So far, I've only had responses from other customers

0 Likes