Fios to install this Friday
EvilAsh

Hi everybody,

I'm having Verizon come out to install this Friday and was wondering if anyone knew which DVR box I would be receiving.  I'm figuring that the QIP 7232 is the best one available, but will this be offered to me during install or is it luck of the draw (like Comcast).  I'm getting 3 (multi-room DVR's).  Also getting 35/35 which I'm pretty excited about since my Comcast is 30/5 or something like that.  

0 Likes
Re: Fios to install this Friday
ronmac7609
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if it depends where you are but I got a brand new 7232 P2 this past Friday in Rhode Island and a Rev F router.  That was just for the HD DVR and 15/5 in the Triple Play.  Do not have multi-room.   

0 Likes
EvilAsh

Sweet, hopefully all new customers will get this model.  I would like the wireless N router too, because that's what I currently have and wouldn't want to downgrade.

0 Likes
jonw747
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just got installed last week and fortunately I got the 7232-P2; but when I tried, they refused to guarantee anything. There isn't much you can do other than to refuse the install, or try to swap them out after if you don't get what you want. I received a "rev C" ActionTec router. I would have appreciated the new "rev G" and would even pay to upgrade, but that doesn't seem possible. They figure Wireless G and 100Mbps WAN/LAN ports are fast enough to accommodate their 35/35 service and slower and don't take in to account those of us who've upgraded our networks to gigabit/N. The ONT they installed appears to be a BPON as well as opposed to the faster GPON, but again, it's fast enough for 35/35 and it's possible that GPON isn't even supported in my neighborhood. It sucks to to have out-dated equipment installed, but there's not much we can do about it. btw, In some areas they install Cisco rather than Motorola.
0 Likes