Fios TV Content
JoanCarol

I just updated my Fios TV lineup and am very disappointed that a station that I watch a lot is not included.  How can you take a station away that is offered on the two more basic options?  This does not seem logical or fair.  It had not occured to me that this would happen, nor was mentioned when I talked with respresentaive on the phone discussing this change.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fios TV Content
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon (as well as all other providers) pay the content providers based on the number of subscribers that can watch a channel (whether they do or not).  So as the content providers raise their prices, Verizon can either increase the pacakge costs (which is not very timely given the number of people under contract) or remove some channels to keep those packages profitable.

Content providers can specify what level of package (typically basic) their channel must be carried in.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV Content
JoanCarol

I am very disappointed that UP network is not included in the Extreme HD lineup but is included in all the other options.  It does not make any sense that this station is excluded from any of the options since it is offered in  the two lower priced packages. 

0 Likes