FIOS TV new format
drsyke1822
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently it looks like Verizon FIOS upgraded their TV format and on screen look and once again they have severely hurt their product in the process- Once before i called to their attentio when they eliminated the ability to search fro TV Movies by Time and date schedule

Perhaps they feel their business model will work better as it will shift more viewers into paid on demand movies i dont really know--now the screen to search is so confusing and no longer can one simply search fro upcoming TV movies on a list and place remionders for themselves when the movie is about to begin

this is disgraceful and Verizon shoudl immediately restore this feature and stop playiong around with it else their competitors like Comcast who always had this feature will win out in short order

simply knowing a specific title and painstakingly placing in the letters one by one in search format is no substitute 

nor is searching by big icons under on demand movies

Re: FIOS TV new format
Deuce3
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems that Verizon is turning a deaf ear to the complaints about the awful channel guide, search & dvr functions that came with the update we received on 12/03/14,  There were over 14 pages of complaints about it in the forum but apparently Verizon's concept of "customer relations" and "customer service" doesn't entail the concept of giving the customer what they want. The previous channel guide, search feature and record funtion were much more user friendly and definitely easier on the eyes than the current multi-colored and poorly laid out guide. I'm still pondering why they consider infomercials to be in the same category as real news programming.  And when scrolling through the channel guide I'm more interested in the channel number (which has now be dropped down and to the left) than I am in the channel id (TLC, SCI, HIS, etc.) so that I can readily key in the channel number when I'm done scrolling.  The design team certainly didn't keep the K.I.S.S. principle in mind.  My wife has already asked me when our commitment is up (July 2015) as she detests these changes and can't wait to change providers.  So join the growing throng of unhappy Verizon customers... for now anyway lol  

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Deuce wrote:

It seems that Verizon is turning a deaf ear to the complaints about the awful channel guide, search & dvr functions that came with the update we received on 12/03/14,  There were over 14 pages of complaints about it in the forum but apparently Verizon's concept of "customer relations" and "customer service" doesn't entail the concept of giving the customer what they want. The previous channel guide, search feature and record funtion were much more user friendly and definitely easier on the eyes than the current multi-colored and poorly laid out guide. I'm still pondering why they consider infomercials to be in the same category as real news programming.  And when scrolling through the channel guide I'm more interested in the channel number (which has now be dropped down and to the left) than I am in the channel id (TLC, SCI, HIS, etc.) so that I can readily key in the channel number when I'm done scrolling.  The design team certainly didn't keep the K.I.S.S. principle in mind.  My wife has already asked me when our commitment is up (July 2015) as she detests these changes and can't wait to change providers.  So join the growing throng of unhappy Verizon customers... for now anyway lol  

IF they decide to agree with you and change things, it will not be before the current IMG completes it roll out.  And probably six months to a year after that.

You do know that for everyone who hates the new guides appearance, there is probably one or more who like it.

Hud43
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have also experienced numerous issues with the new guide. First the respnse time is extremely slow as compared to before the update. Secondly, I don't know if anyone has noticed but the movie descriptions are horrible compared to what they were. The sued to give a very long and accurate description, particularly when you clicked on full info. Now the full info is not much different than the basic description.
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes