FIOS TV Online via iPad/iPhone??
JimKPhilly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now that Comcast has updated their XFinity iPad app to allow their customers to access the same content (if not more) that's contained in FIOS TV Online (HBO, Cinemax, TBS, etc), when will Verizon have a similar offering? I think it's great that I can watch videos from these services on my computer, but it would be more convenient to watch them on my iPad or iPhone.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV Online via iPad/iPhone??
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Future application, looks like in testing and probably around the corner.  no official date from what I know. 

They showcase the app here at PCMAG and it's PURTY!!!!!

Looks like their is a new app that just hit the apple store today,  let us know if it's there.   It's not the streaming one, i don't think but it's a cool app nonetheless. 

0 Likes
JimKPhilly1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, well "around the corner" isn't very close when the latest web footage is 6 months old, and in my opinion, FlexView is WAY too expensive.

I'm pretty sure that I already have that FIOS app on my iPad, and I don't see anything new in that article than what I already have (though I will admit that it is a nice app - much better than the iPhone DVR manager, since I can access both DVRs on the iPad).

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I downloaded this app last evening on my iPad ... coincidently right after seeing an Xfinity ad during the superbowl.   Anyhow, it's a pretty slick little app in that it's an major enhancement of the Mobile Remote / DVR manager apps in that it pulls together the various remote control capabilities, combined with guide view, a what's hot section showing all the current shows along with descriptions, the ability to pull up a virtual remote control that looks just like the regular one issued with the STB, set the DVR, initiate playback of DVR shows as well as VoD, etc.  

No live streaming yet, but I'm hopeful that will come soon.  

The mobile remote app that I initially had played with I found interesting but largely useless -- finding myself going back to the regular remote control on the coffee table.   However this new app I found myself using it exclusively all evening to see what was on and then select the channel I wanted to view.  So, it may well be able to replace the remote with a much more functional interface.   Now if I could live stream shows on the iPad (think as  substitute or picture in a picture even) so that I could keep an eye on a game while watching something else on TV and then quickly flip to the game when something interesting is happening -- that would be sweet.

0 Likes
JimKPhilly1
Enthusiast - Level 2
This is still bugging me.. Two more month have gone by and I got another update to the Xfinity app, but nothin new on the FiOS front. What really bothers me is that we have a second location with Comcast, and they offer me the ability to watch premium channel (HBO, etc) on my iPad, but we don't subscribe to those channels there. I do subscribe to them at my house with FIOS, though, but there's no way for me to access the content through them. It shouldn't matter who I pay for the service from, as long as I'm a subscriber, I should be able to access the same content. I may have to start considering switching back to Xfinity at my house, but i shouldn't have to.
0 Likes
Goldfrapp
Enthusiast - Level 2

You should post this on the Verizon Idea Exchange. ^_^

0 Likes
Micki5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have a problem here, while it is cool to use my iPhone or iPad as a remote and it is convenient to program my DVR from them - the coolness factor of using my phone as a remote does not make up for the fact that there is no Flexview or any TV viewing app for these devices - their tablet/phone market is limited at best.  Cable companies have outdone them there - and I AM SOOOOO NOT A CABLE FAN.  Come on Verizon, you want to sleep with Apple so bad, but you do nothing when you have them in your bed.  What's up with that?

0 Likes
hockeyusa81
Enthusiast - Level 2
Any update from any Verizon staff on when - or even if - a live streaming iOS app is in development? I understand if details cannot be given but the fact they are so far behind the times when it comes to this is nothing less than disappointing to put it mildly.
0 Likes
hockeyusa81
Enthusiast - Level 2
Oh, and I meant specifically for the iPhone.
0 Likes
Heydude2
I'm with you all. All I want to do is watch my fios dvr recorded shows on my iPhone like everyone else can in cable-land. Please get with it, Fios!
0 Likes