Re: Fox Soccer Channe/ FSC Plus Any Comment from Verizon
SabresFan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will join the band wagon for FSC HD!! I love to watch soccer, especially in HD. The pixelation is horriable on the SD FSC. Please put FSC in HD soon!!!

0 Likes
PsUMattDE
Contributor - Level 1

Lightning-

No offense taken at all!

Here's the deal - VZ made the announcement that FSC HD is #2 in line to be added as the next HD channels.  They have also stated they cannot, and will not make any other statements until after it is launched.

Right now - there is zero capacity to add national-level HD channels. Until something is done and finalized to change that, we will not see FSC HD. We are still month(s) away from seeing soccer in hi-def.

I know, this is frustrating news, and believe me - it frustrates me every day.

0 Likes
lancers1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@PsUMattDE wrote:

Lightning-

No offense taken at all!

Here's the deal - VZ made the announcement that FSC HD is #2 in line to be added as the next HD channels.  They have also stated they cannot, and will not make any other statements until after it is launched.

Right now - there is zero capacity to add national-level HD channels. Until something is done and finalized to change that, we will not see FSC HD. We are still month(s) away from seeing soccer in hi-def.

I know, this is frustrating news, and believe me - it frustrates me every day.

So they could drop a channel and add EPL and Serie A games on HD? I wonder if there is 1 channel they provide in HD that wouldn't be missed too much if they would drop it . Maybe they could just show the games on the weekend and the Oprah network could be shown in SD Sat-Sun? Is that even doable? Is Oprah even in HD? 

0 Likes
lightning111

first off, I completely accept the technological delays in adding it to the HD lineup.

there is a BIG difference between BET and FSC Plus. BET is a free offering. Subscribers are being charged $14.99 a month for FSC Plus. Its one thing to not offer a free channel in HD and completely another where you are charging $180/yr and not offering it in the best quality available.

anyway people are completely missing my main gripe which is the poor SD quality. Name a FIOS SD channel that has an equal or poorer quality - you can't. there isn't one. I know people in video engineering - they tell me that FIOS is intentionally downsampling the feed quality to save bandwidth/money.

I doubt I will actually get a response. I dare anyone to try calling the help line to complain about it - they will walk you through a bunch of completely irrelevant fixes and gloss over the fact - the picture quality is poor because Verizon is intentionally making it that way.

Also is it a coincidence my 2 prior user accounts were deactivated forcing me to create a new one each time to continue this discussion? Maybe...

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

lightning11,

I show that your two previous accounts are still active on the community. Please send me a PM with the issues you're having accessing them.

Thank You

0 Likes
FrankoQ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched from Directv and cannot believe there is no HD soccer.

Good thing I have not canceled Directv yet.  At least, I'll see Real Madrid in HD on tuesday.

But wow, maybe I need to go back to Directv. 

Once in HD, it is so hard to go back to SD.  🙂

0 Likes
PsUMattDE
Contributor - Level 1

Lightning-

Verizon is not doing ANYTHING to the SD feed of Fox Soccer. I've had numerous conversations with the engineers, and FSC is one of the lowest bit-rate sent SD channels they receive.  Crap in, crap out, as they say.

It is FOX's issue, not Verizon.  As you know, look at Fox Soccer, then go look at say, Gol TV on 313 - both SD, but the quality is night and day.

0 Likes
hpe4kxa
im pretty **bleep** right now because i have been spending all my time emailing and calling fsc, i had no idea that the issue was with verizon....
0 Likes
hpe4kxa
We are paying montly for these channels , it is only fair
0 Likes
BadaBing1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fox Soccer HD fans,

I was told by FiOS Fox Soccer HD is allegedly already on the list of upcoming channels to be offered as #6, however please join me in voting by clicking on vote button by following the link below --> click vote button on upper left side, I'm hoping it might become available earlier if we all vote

Thanks

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Soccer/idi-p/233315

Let's bring the Fox Soccer Channel HD to FiOS!!!

0 Likes