Re: Fox Soccer in HD
manufan

Let me add my comments to add Fox Soccer Channel in HD-  This is a big deal to me as I am sure it is for many soccer fans

0 Likes
foomanjee

FSC HD is actually here now.  However, it's not actually in HD.  It's just a rebroadcast of FSC SD.  Why is this?

I've just gotten off the phone with Verizon, and my channel package does have FSC HD (infact I just upgraded to Ultimate as well).

FSC HD and GOL TV HD are both here, but neither one is in HD.

0 Likes
nuttyirishman
Enthusiast - Level 2

@foomanjee wrote:

FSC HD is actually here now.  However, it's not actually in HD.  It's just a rebroadcast of FSC SD.  Why is this?

I've just gotten off the phone with Verizon, and my channel package does have FSC HD (infact I just upgraded to Ultimate as well).

FSC HD and GOL TV HD are both here, but neither one is in HD.

What channel #s do you have for these statons?   I have Channel 84 for FSC and 313 for GOL TV.  These are NOT HD stations.    Bob

0 Likes
foomanjee

84: FSC

1522: FSC HD (..but not actually in HD)

0 Likes
cxg331
Contributor - Level 1

FSC on 1522 is not the HD channel.  It has been in that slot for a long time now.  FSC HD will likely be channel 584, to mirror the SD version on channel 84.

0 Likes
foomanjee

I was told it was 1522 by the Verizon guy I spoke to earlier today when I upgraded my service

0 Likes
Tideman
Channel 1522 is not HD, it is just a mirror of channel 84 and is part of the Spanish "La Conexion" package. Even though the channel broadcasts in English (not all channels in the package are Spanish language) they group most of the channels in the package together in the 1500's-1800's channel range so there are many duplicate channels (for instance the main CNN channel is 100 but in the Spanish package it is 1541). No one but Dish Network is currently carrying FSC HD which is why people on these forums and forums of other carriers are pestering their providers to get it ASAP as it has been live since February. You just see the HD logo on some of the FSC programming because they are now broadcasting in HD, but it comes through as SD. And GOL TV does not broadcast in HD at all. And no offense to all customer service folks, but most either have no clue or just yes you to death. As of last week one had no idea the Fox Soccer Plus channel was taking over channel 1009 (formerly the Setanta channel) effective March 1 when the switch over occurred. As much as I love the FiOS service I have found that I get many different responses to the same question from different reps.
0 Likes
foomanjee

Yep.  That's what I'm realizing - I was "yes'd" to get off the phone

0 Likes
nuttyirishman
Enthusiast - Level 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It was great to watch the USA v. Netherlands game yesterday on espn2HD, but painful to watch the Germany v. Argentina and Italy v. Camaroon games on FSC in lousy SD! Come on FIOS get with the program and add FSC HD! Bob

0 Likes
Tideman
Germany-Argentina and Italy-Cameroon were not on FSC they were on GOL TV. But I will add another shout for FSC HD though.
0 Likes