Re: Fox Soccer in HD
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just read that Cox will be adding FSC-HD on 6/2. I haven't verified it though.

Effective June 2, 2010, Cox will be adding the Fox Soccer HD Channel on position 783, without any programming deletions or position reassignments associated with this programming.

0 Likes
Tideman

Time Warner Cable in NYC announced they will be carrying Fox Soccer Channel HD AND GOL TV HD among a slew of other additional HD programming on July 29. They already carry Fox Soccer Plus in HD and they don't charge $14.99/month for it as it's part of their monthly $3.95 sports tier. 

If FiOS doesn't pick it up soon I may be switching back to Time Warner. I prefer more HD programming, not  more"widgets" or being able to use my smart phone as a remote.

0 Likes
herndonFios
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just found out about the Fox Soccer but was really disappointed to know that it is not available in hd on FIOS. Does Verizon really want to lead and serve the customers? World cup is here and I would love to see ESPN and Fox really competing for the crowd.

0 Likes
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope Fios adds FSC-HD soon (as part of their regular Extreme HD pkg) as I don't want to switch to Cox. However, if my hand is forced..

0 Likes
smith62477

There is no competition for crowds between FSC and ESPN for the World Cup. ESPN/ABC family are the only ones who can show games in the US. They have exclusive rights in the United States.

0 Likes
jack480

Fios talks a good game but in the end they don't have  offer all of the HD channels and when they do added them they just show and never tells us about free movie promotions. Great marketing.

@pgsimons wrote:

FOx Soccer will be available in HD starting in March.  Please add!

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

I find it depressing to switch over to FSC for their Would Cup post-game analysis with Richard, Andy, Warren, and only to see it in SD when FSC is presenting it in HD. I really hope we see FSC-HD added later this month when the 4 west coast movie channel feeds are dropped. Otherwise I'll have to consider dumping FIOS TV for Dish Network come August so I can watch my Red Devils and the EPL in HD.

Dearest Verizon,

We need some answers regarding HD (in general). What additions (if any) are coming? How do you plan on getting past the current QAM capacity issue (that's what many folks think it is) and what is the time frame for it's fix (IPTV?)? Is anyone home at the big red house?

Thanks in advance,

julesism

0 Likes
woliver
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any news on FSC in HD?

I really have no complaints with FIOS other than this, but this is a huge one for me.

0 Likes
T3rnum

I just switched from Time Warner to Fios and I am happy with FIOS but I can't live without my soccer and if Time Warner got FSC in HD and GOLtv in HD then I guess I will be switching back.

FSC and GOL are the only channels I watch on Weekends so I dont see why I shouldnt go back and they will probably give me a deal for going back anyway.

0 Likes
ccr10
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is getting on my nerves.  It would be great if Verizon would at least comment on the subject.  If they have, someone please direct me to that?  Thank you.  

0 Likes