Re: Fox Soccer in HD
moshea

They've thrown out a few generic responses in various places but nothing concrete. I had FoxSoccer Plus but the picture looks crap on the big screen and to pay 14.99 for it is a joke. I live and die football myself and just had to cancel this channel as the picture isn't bearable now that we'ev gotten used to everything else in HD. Waiting for contract to expire now and moving on to the competition, will miss the internet speed but that's good most places now anyhow.

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amen ccr10. I love FIOS internet and I love the PQ of the TV side, but keeping customers in the dark and taking away HD (even tho it was West coast feeds) and adding a couple of channels not many are interested in is a bit annoying. FSC-HD seems to be the most popular HD request. I'm judging this by what I see in this forum. EPL season is right around the corner. If I was not under a contract, I'd be bailing.

moshea, I had FSC+\Setanta on Dish and trust me, the PQ was way worse. I had FSC+ on FIOS but dropped it when the season ended. $14.99 is high, esp. when there are some providers out there who include it in their sports pack. Time Warner in Austin TX is one of them.

0 Likes
coalsylv

Where did you get the info about Time Warner getting FSC HD and Gol TV HD on July 29? I talked to Time Warner several times, they could not confirm that, but I already cancelled Verizon anyway as they probably woun't add soccer channel in HD anyway and the regular one is unwatchable, much worse quality than Time Warner which I had before.

0 Likes
Tideman

I think it depends where you are in the Time Warner Cable system as not all areas roll out the same programming as FiOS seems to do system wide. For instance Time Warner in New York City may offer different programming to its subscribers than in Raleigh, NC. From my understanding the general managers in each of the locations have the final say on what is offered.

I know here in NYC, TWC will be adding FSC HD and GOL TV HD. It was supposed to be on July 29 but has now been delayed to September 1 per the below.

"The previously announced launch of the HD following channels on July 29, 2010 will now occur on September 1, 2010. As a reminder, these channels cannot be accessed on CableCARD-equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Products purchased at retail without additional two-way capable equipment:

CMT HD on ch. 694, Cooking Channel HD on ch. 751, DIY HD on ch. 688, Fox Soccer HD on ch. 485, GOL TV HD on ch. 469, Hallmark HD on ch. 684, National Geographic Wild HD on ch. 696, Ovation HD on ch. 683, Reelz HD on ch. 650, Showtime Beyond HD on ch. 670, Showtime Next HD on ch. 673, Showtime Women HD on ch. 671, Sundance HD on ch. 693 and TV Guide HD on ch. 690. In Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens we will also launch Nickelodeon HD on ch. 706, VH1 HD on ch. 719, Discovery Kids HD on ch. 722 and Galavision HD on ch. 769.  In Mount Vernon we will also launch Nickelodeon  on ch. 739, VH1 HD on ch. 726, Discovery Kids HD on 735 and Galavision HD on ch. 754. Each of these HD simulcasts will be available at the same service level as their standard definition counterparts."

There are also some other channels listed above not offered on FiOS yet. Here is the link to the webpage:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/nynj/learn/cable/channelchanges/

Not to mention as I posted previously TWC offers Fox Soccer Plus in HD as well and is included in their $3.95/month sports tier not as a stand alone channel at $14.99/month like FiOS. FiOS seems to be more concerned with rolling out widgets and phone apps, etc. I prefer more HD content myself and will seriously be considering changing back to TWC in the Fall.

0 Likes
ahsan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was originally really pumped about FIOS when it was first announced before even their initial deployments in TX, and when it finally came around I thought all my TV needs had been fulfilled.  But with the lack of FSC HD, I am strongly considering a switch away with the EPL season on the horizon.

Anyway, I've posted a couple inquiries to the FiOSTV twitter feed requesting more information on FSC HD and all I get are vague replies of agreement to my initial thoughts on wanting FSC HD.  At least tell me you're working on it.

http://twitter.com/FiOSTV/status/15887804692

0 Likes
woliver
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL @ "me too".  Great response there.  It's pretty pathetic that they still don;'t have the channel, and have provided 0 status on it.

0 Likes
CASPER48

OK. So there are 15 pages of discussion that I can't be bothered reading as it mostly indicates frustrated EPL Fans getting nothing from Verizon other than 'We're working on it'...

So tell me Verizon when will FSC HD come to Verizon FIOS?

Don't need speculation, Just need a Date for when the Beautiful Game will be in HD FSC.

You have ESPN in HD which was fantastic during the world cup.

Fox Channels have HD so what is the hold up?

Cheers,

Casper

0 Likes
coalsylv

Don't really expect from Verizon to add Fox Soccer HD that early and if they do it will be priced, not inlcuded in the package for sure, especially when they charge $14.99 a month for unwatchable fox soccer plus( former Setanta) also regular fox soccer channel in unwatchable on Fios.

For New Yorkes finally good news, Time Warner is adding Fox Soccer HD, Gol TV HD among other channels on September 1st.  To see it officially, go to twcnyc.com and on the right side click on "upcoming channel changes"

Their Fox Soccer HD togetehr with Gol TV HD will be probably in the "Sport Tier" package, which carries already Fox Soccer Plus HD. The package is only $3.95 a month, which is acceptable, that's why I 've cancelled Verizon already as they behave the same way Time Warner did during monopoly in Manhattan.

0 Likes
wes0727

I seriously cannot believe the start of the new season is just weeks away and Verizon didn't manage to get FSC HD on their lineup.  This is beyond dissapointing... Its time to look for competing providers, I refuse to watch another season on SD when people who are paying less are able to enjoy FSC AND FSC PLUS on HD...

0 Likes
julesism
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let's just hope we get FSC-HD before Aug.14. Maybe sooner so we can watch the Community Shield and other pre-season action too. FSC+HD would be a nice surprise and I would prolly spend the $14.99 for it, but I'd be shocked if we get both.

0 Likes