Re: Fox Soccer in HD
Ian81
Enthusiast - Level 2

While I agree the one thing that was stopping me from getting Direct TV is having a dish, and since we get a fair few thunder storms I don't want to lose the picture. That being said COX offer it in my region (although just FSC HD), so that is who I am seriously considering changing to. Personally I will probably wait until the season starts and then change if it doesn't come online. I have had confirmation it is on their list of channels they want to add, there has just been no date as to when and if it will be added. It appears no moderators want to comment on this anymore just filter for abusive language (so annoying).

0 Likes
oabedward

I currently have cablevision and want's to switch ideally to a provider that will be carrying FSC HD and Goltv HD. The only thing holding me back from Directv is their requirement for a 2 year contract/commitment. I will wait for 2 more weeks to see if Verizon will add these 2 HD channels in August.

0 Likes
wes0727

Well. I really doubt they'll be adding the channel anytime soon.  Direct TV is coming tomorrow morning to install.  I will post as soon as it is done to report on its picture quality.  Verizon is being beyond neglectful with its customers...

0 Likes
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got rid of D* and won't switch back. Cox has FSC-HD in my area so that's an option. I just hope I don't have to make that choice. C'mon Verizon, step up to the plate and give your customers what they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Sad

0 Likes
wes0727

Well, there's also Dish which is carrying the channel along with Gol TV HD, and FS+ HD... I just heard MGM HD and Hallmark HD were dropped today... maybe to make space for FSC and Gol TV?

0 Likes
nlk10010
Enthusiast - Level 2

@wes0727 wrote:

Well, there's also Dish which is carrying the channel along with Gol TV HD, and FS+ HD... I just heard MGM HD and Hallmark HD were dropped today... maybe to make space for FSC and Gol TV?

Be careful, Dish does not carry GolTV (either SD or HD) nor FSC+-HD. Dish carries a lot of HD that Verizon doesn't, although there are some (e.g. AMC-HD, WE-HD, ESPNU-HD) that Verizon has that Dish doesn't. You should check the Dish (and DirecTV) lineups carefully.

MGM-HD and Hallmark-HD, AFAIK, were not removed from Verizon, just from the Extreme package. They are still available to, I believe, Ultimate subscribers.

If you are waiting for Verizon to add more national HD (of whatever nature) you might be waiting a long time, there's just no way of knowing.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@wes0727 wrote:

Perhaps you are talking dish.

I hope they were not dropped from FiOS. I know that some areas have just gotten around to moving them to the Ultimate package.

0 Likes
wes0727

Well, I have Direct TV up and running now... the picture quality is not as sharp as FIOS but it looks a bit smoother on fast moving scenes... so, it's really no big deal.  I was able to watch part of the X-games last night on ESPN 3d and that alone makes the switch all worth it... It really is something else.  Gol-TV HD is coming before the end of the week and I'll be reporting on that as soon as it comes on...

Verizon has no excuse, they need to add these channels right away!

0 Likes
ScottM
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really hope FiOS does NOT add ESPN-3D, GOL-HD, and FOX-Soccer-HD before adding BBCA-HD.

0 Likes
oabedward

Verizon/FIOS people, can you comment on this subject? Is the system capable of additional HD channels? Are you planning adding any HD channels in the near term, 1-3 months, 3-6 months, or 6-12 months?

I need to dump cablevision and I would rather give your service a try over Directv. Though these channels are not in HD with my current service provider's system I will be making a decision to switch in the next few weeks and my next service provider should have at least a plan on adding these (Fox Soccer HD and Goltv HD) channels.

0 Likes