Re: Fox Soccer in HD
coalsylv

Channel 1522 is just the same as channel 84, it is the spanish channel line-up that starts with 1500, a little HD next to the logo means nothing, that just means the show is broadcasting in HD, but if watching on regular channel , you guys should see that's no HD at all, if you watch soccer on ESPN (2)HD, which is the only option now to see soccer in HD with Verizon, you must see the difference.

0 Likes
exherndonFIOS
Enthusiast - Level 1

With the World Cup bringing much more attention to soccer this past summer, and with the US doing fairly well with exciting games....   Wouldn't you think that someone inside Verizon would be smart enough to capitalize on that momentum and draw new and keep subscribed viewers with the wonderful game in full HD?!?!  

0 Likes
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

@exherndonFIOS wrote:

With the World Cup bringing much more attention to soccer this past summer, and with the US doing fairly well with exciting games....   Wouldn't you think that someone inside Verizon would be smart enough to capitalize on that momentum and draw new and keep subscribed viewers with the wonderful game in full HD?!?!  

my thoughts exaclty! this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
arsenal4
Enthusiast - Level 2

This past weekend, we enjoyed a wonderful picture (and game) on ESPN2 between ManCity and Spurs- after that it was all downhill. The quality of the picture on FSC and FSCPlus is TERRIBLE- I'm not spoiled, but come on now.

Question-- Who can confirm that any providers have these three channels in HD right now? (FSC HD, FSCplus HD, GolTV HD) if you can confirm, then i'm switching.

I switched to verizon because of Sentana, so I'm not afraid to switch again- I need my soccer in HD- my goodness, 584 is just seeing there empty waiting for it!!  and 1009 is not HD-

FIX IT PLEASE OR I"M GONE 

0 Likes
CLyttle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats the issue, I don't think that anyone has FSCHD, GolTVHD or FSC+HD cause if they did Idbe right there with you man switching away.

I think Direct TV has GOLTV HD - FSCHD and ESPN2 HD that is probably the best bet for the most HD Football.

Dish told me they Have FSC HD thats it.

0 Likes
Tideman

Time Warner Cable here in New York City offers all three as of last week and I think select other Time Warner areas have or will have them by September 1. Not All Time Warner customers around the country receive the same content so some will have it and some won't; it is up to the regional managers in each area to determine what is offered and what isn't. But the thing is Time Warner had put the information about these additions on their WEBSITE WEEKS BEFORE they went live, to notify their customers. Wow, notifying customers and keeping them up to date, what a concept! Something Verizon seems morally opposed to doing.

Time Warner also doesn't charge a stand alone $14.99 fee for Fox Soccer Plus (which FiOS does for SD not even in HD), it is part of their $3.95/month sports tier here.

I haven't gone back to Time Warner as of yet because I am also an NFL fan and they do not carry the NFL Network as they are still in a dispute over that and they will not have the NFL Red Zone channel which I loved last season. Also the internet service can't even compare between the two, Verizon blows TWC away.

For me there are also some other pros/cons I would have to consider.

I live in an apartment so neither of the dish services is an option for me. It's either Verizon FiOS, Time Warner or RCN (who are still in the dark ages).

0 Likes
coalsylv

Time Warner Cable (NYC) has FSPlus HD (ch.470) FSC HD(ch.485) Gol TV HD is in a channel line-up already ( ch.469), when you tune to the channel it displays the message " channel not available yet, will be coming soon, try again later" , that makes sense as the channel is supposed to be launched on Sept. 1 together with FSC HD, but for some reason FSC HD is broadcasting already. FSPlus HD and Gol TV HD witll be probably in " Sport Tier" package ($3.99) as these channels are there in SD also, but I can't say for sure, cause I am a new customer and have all these channels for free now, but I can tell the difference in picture. The only downfall is " Fox Soccer Report" is not really in HD, even if logo is there, it's only displayed in 4:3 format, kind of disappointment.

0 Likes
Darn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

god. I can find streams on the internet that look better then fsc -sd. There is so much flickering on the screen. All the lines on the pitch have jagged edges. I think they're just squishing the hd feed. COME ON FIOS add FSC HD!!!!!!

0 Likes
surf2wake

SO {word filter avoidance} FRUSTRATING!!!!!  we get zero in response from VZ... then today.  BIG HUGE announcment "watch FiOS on your mobile device"  MEH MEH MEH.. is that what your customers are really looking for?

0 Likes
nlk10010
Enthusiast - Level 2

@surf2wake wrote:

SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!  we get zero in response from VZ... then today.  BIG HUGE announcment "watch FiOS on your mobile device"  MEH MEH MEH.. is that what your customers are really looking for?

Of course not....it's what Verizon is trying to make its customers think they're looking for.

Old trick.

0 Likes