Re: Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) in HD on Verizon Fios
nmlow321

CapnCrunch:

We don't have it in my area, but oddly enough we have 2 fox soccer channels. I am in the Virginia Beach area and channels 84 and 1522 are both listed as FSC and present identical programming. I'm wondering if perhaps the 1522 channel is intended to ultimately be used for FSC in HD? 

I am very satisfied w/ FIOS, and I am confident that they will resolve this issue. I just would like to know if they are close to getting it done. I would give up every HD channel I have for FSC in HD. I'm not so ignorant to think that the majority of people feel the same, but I would be willing to bet that there wouldn't be 22 pages of comments about a lack of the Tennis Channel in HD. 

0 Likes
Tideman

No one on the FiOS platform has FSC in HD as of yet. As of today their "Twitter" guy said he had no information on it (it is the most requested and contentious channel discussed there) so I am not sure what you are referring to CapnCrunch. The most information that the super secret group in the FiOS bunker are willing to divulge is they were trying to get it added sometime in 2010. If it does ultimately get added it will be channel 584.

Channel 1522 is part of the "La Conexion" spanish plan which includes the channels in the 1500's - 1700's. A lot of the channels in this plan mirror the english language channels and are broadcast in english (like TNT on channel 1501 is the same as channel 51) so this looks like a real waste of channel space, but I guess their goal is to make things easier for those that subscribe to this by keeping channels grouped together. But anyway, channel 1522 is just like channel 84, Fox Soccer Channel in SD.

0 Likes
RossDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just heard from a friend of mine who has Directv that they added FSC-HD beginning today.  Since Verizon and Directv have some sort of relationship (see http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/generic/directv/123626.htm), I wonder if this means FiOS will begin carrying FSC-HD soon.  I don't know what the hold up is.  My contract expires in December and if there is a non-satellite provider that carries FSC-HD in my area, I will switch.  I am not going to a satellite provider since everyone I know says they don't work in the rain, but FSC is the most important channel for me in hi def, and the it seems to be the only one Verizon is balking on.  What the heck????  Why is this taking so long?  I will vote with my wallet if Verizon does not step up to the plate and provide its customers with the best services.

0 Likes
Re: Fox Soccer in HD
Lekter_
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is rubbish mate. What is going on with the blokes over at Verizon. Please add Fox Soccer Channel HD to the channel lineup mate!!

Btw I'm not british, I just wanted to sound like one haha but seriously we want Fox Soccer Channel HD over here in Tampa where the are many many soccer fans and a lot of new post-world-cup soccer fans where I work who really demand FSC HD after watching the entire World Cup in HD. Verizon should capitalize on the momentum gained in June and July. I mean, didn't they check the world cup ratings? They were 60% up from 2006 and almost 17 million people watched the USA vs Ghana game which means a lot of people watched soccer, and that means many business opportunities for Verizon.

0 Likes
gavpower

I just had an online chat with a FIOS support person.

he confirmed that FSC HD (and BBC america HD) will be available on 1st september - next week!!!

nice one....can't wait

0 Likes
BenButler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is this true? can anyone confirm this? thats a week away and I am dizzy with anticipation if this is true.... its amazing that we have been waiting since Jan 2010, 9 months later and all other providers, COMCAST, DISH, DirectTV have it now... unbelievably horrible service from FIOS... I used to think they were responsive but this has left me with a really bitter opinion of them. I think about switching to someone who has FSC in HD all the time, just need my contract to expire.... @@@!!!!#$#@% $  pathetic FIOS!!!!! 

0 Likes
BenButler
Enthusiast - Level 3

another   request for FSC HD + FSC Plus HD 

0 Likes
nlk10010
Enthusiast - Level 2

@gavpower wrote:

I just had an online chat with a FIOS support person.

he confirmed that FSC HD (and BBC america HD) will be available on 1st september - next week!!!

nice one....can't wait

I would dismiss that one out of hand.

CSRs are the last to know what channels will be added; they tend to tell subscribers what they know they'd like to hear, just to get you off the phone.

Dish CSRs have been playing that game for a long time.

0 Likes
Tideman

It would seem VERY out of character for a company that NEVER divulges information in advance to have someone like a customer service rep leak this information. The fact that she gave a definitive date though is interesting and from reading hosts of various message boards and blogs these seem to be the two most requested HD channels to be added (BBC America HD has been requested/demanded for the longest time).

I have to say I am sceptical about the information, especially when it comes to anything coming from a customer service rep and that has to do with programming with this company. But miracles have been know to occur..........................and this would definitely fall into that category! Smiley Wink

0 Likes
onetech64

NYC Time Warner Cable has just added FSC HD and FSC+ HD, they also have GOL TV HD. I am definately switching in October when my contract expires, What a shame FIOS...I really like picture quality and internet service but this unacceptable

0 Likes