Re: Fox Soccer in HD
Pippo2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't believe that the conservative TimeWarner has FSC HD, FSC+HD and GolTV HD 😞 ... I guess I made a bad decision getting FIOS ...

0 Likes
DreamTheater36
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please add FSC HD to Fios

0 Likes
diamondpro20

are any Verizon reps still checking in on this thread?  if you are...

PLEASE ADD: GOL TV  HD AND FOX SOCCER HD!!!

for a "cutting edge" service like FiOS, it seems like we are late to the party ALL the time.  with the ever-growing popularity of this sport, it makes perfect business sense to broadcast these channels in their available HD format.  I can guarantee that you will win many new subscribers based on these 2 channels alone.

0 Likes
Rhodyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Vz. reps don't reply to these threads. However, don't step out of line because you will hear from them within minutes! Smiley Wink

0 Likes
mamiyac3

As a soccer lover for many yrs I subscribed to Dishnetwork many yrs ago because at that time anything that was not of the norm was available on Dish  Like FOX sports espanol,  it was'nt until  a good while after that they were available to other carriers.

My Son just moved out into his own condo and decided to do someshopping around to see what was availableas far as scoccer channels..  In my area we have DISH, DIRECTV, FIOS and Brighthouse..  This time we were not going to use satellite, his option was only Brighthouse because thats was what was available in his condo even though the fios cable runs outsidethe front of the Condos.

Well he signed up for brighthouse and he is quite happy with his choice of channe for soccer and whatever else was offfered.

Espn Deportes FSc espanl, Gol, FSC and FSC+ the three main  ones of interest was FSC and FSC and GOL which I believe are all In HD.

Since I have no contract I went with FIOS instead with the same number of channels.   I am thinking that the selling point that Verizon states for FIOS  its it unlimited Bandwith and their ability to add these channels in HD.   Well My son keeps telling me not to hold my breath but I give them till Xmas to have at least these 3 in Hd........I have a 61 inch DLP which is 720. it shows very good HD but SD channels are really not so good.

So untill XMAS  then,   when I hope to SEE my Tottenham Hotspurs in Champions league in HD  🙂

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

This request had been beaten like a dead horse. Pardon the expression. Verizon has wanted to add this channel in HD, and still can not get it because of the owners. This comes up when you search FSC HD FCC. It has been discussed in depth many times. Asking and asking will get you nowhere. The US gov. will not even enforce their immigration laws, do you really think the FCC will do the right thing?

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Programming/Add-channels/m-p/162414#M5007

0 Likes
hsu939
Enthusiast - Level 1

If Verizon can't provide FSC & FSC Plus in HD, I too am going to start looking for a provider who can.  It seems ridiculous that a self-proclaimed leader in the field can't make it happen.  The fact that ESPN provides a match/week in HD should show Verizon that it's worth doing as the support certainly seems to be there.  It's ridiculous to watch matches on the FSC channels in "lo-fi" while the HD logo is prominently displayed.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@hsu939 wrote:

If Verizon can't provide FSC & FSC Plus in HD, I too am going to start looking for a provider who can.  It seems ridiculous that a self-proclaimed leader in the field can't make it happen.  The fact that ESPN provides a match/week in HD should show Verizon that it's worth doing as the support certainly seems to be there.  It's ridiculous to watch matches on the FSC channels in "lo-fi" while the HD logo is prominently displayed.

Yea the provider flaunts that as Verizon fights for the right to air the HD version and the FCC does nothing. It is not Verizon's fault. I agree it should be available. Send your protests to the FCC.

0 Likes
Tideman

The FCC has nothing to do with Verizon FiOS carrying FSC in HD. The ongoing court battle involving FCC decisions has to do with the MSG networks being available in HD.

The inability to carry FSC in HD comes simply from the limited QAM space that FiOS has available and their having to choose what programming to allocate to this space in HD. Hopefully with the addition of IPTV that FiOS is planning to utilize it will free up a lot of space for additional HD to be added in the future.

According to the FiOS rep on Twitter, FSC HD was #6 on the list of HD channels to be added. It has now been bumped to #5 he said with the recent addition of The Hub (formerly Discovery Kids) on channel 789. He also made it sound like they are adding it reluctantly but a "small but vocal minority" have made themselves heard. It was never a priority previously because he said that their stats show FSC does not have a lot of viewership

So now it becomes a waiting game of when it is added and what 4 other channels have priority before it's added. He did hint it should be before year-end but with the track record of FiOS I am not holding my breath.

Absolutely no word on Fox Soccer Plus or Gol TV so those don't seem to be in the immediate future plans. 

0 Likes
milhouse19

I have no idea if Verizon checks these or not, but add me to the list who want Fox Soccer/Plus in HD.  Had FSC but cancelled it after a month because it wasn't in HD and told the rep why.  So we'll wait and I'll just watch one game a week on ESPN2HD and watch my club using free internet streams.

FOX SOCCER HD NOW

0 Likes