Re: Fox Soccer in HD
hamoonhedayat

ok...i normally don't post...but here's the latest based on my conversation with call center person...i called to disconnect b/c of no FSC HD FiOS.  she said she's reading from an internal website that it's coming in March....she actually read the internal announcement to me and it sounded legit  like she was reading from a real document....got a few dollars off  my monthly bill b/c of my dissatisfaction with FiOS re no FSC HD...i'm staying tuned.

btw i almost went with dish but that would have cost almost $200 for local phone/broadband/dish...today i pay $150 (after discounts) for triple play with FioS (30MB) and HBO/Showtimes with DVR and HD set top box...not bad

0 Likes
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

What, March!?!?!?!    That is ridiculous to have wait two more months when we've all been told many times by @FIOSTV on twitter that it's the next HD channel to be added.  It can't take two months + to add an HD Channel. That will be a full 12 months after it was released in March of 2010.   I have absolutely no hope that the $15 I pluck down a month for FSC Plus that it will also be in HD one day (or GOL TV). 

0 Likes
PsUMattDE
Contributor - Level 1

Mdr-

It CAN take two months...

VZ is completely out of channel capacity right now - they can't add ANYTHING until they get IPTV up and running (the big PR story you saw last week).

If they had room for FSC HD, it would've been added 6 months ago. It's just that they don't.  Yes, they screwed up - but now we wait for IPTV to get started, and we'll be rewarded for our pain.

0 Likes
ConorCoen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Latest tweet from @FiOSTV

" Well soccer fans less than happy status update - FSC HD has been bumped to #2 - will now come after BET HD"

meaning what date now?

0 Likes
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

I just saw that on twitter.   Really stinks.  We've been told since November that Fox Soccer in HD was next in line and also that GOL TV was in the next five, but now to hear this is really disappointing.  Who knows when it will be now and what will get bumped ahead of it. 

0 Likes
arsenal4
Enthusiast - Level 2

it means nothing- once they add the extra space, we will get all our channels added-  we are all playing that waiting game----the best way for them to add Fox Soccer HD is for me to switch to another carrier- then within a week they will add it   🙂

0 Likes
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

@FIOSTV made it seem the reason BET HD is being added first is that it has more viewers than FSC which is true, but how many people would leave FIOS for Direct TV or Dish because they don't carry BET in HD?   I bet not that many, especially compared to how many have left and/or are considering leaving FIOS because they still don't have FSC in HD.  Also, how many people have not moved to FIOS yet from the other providers because there is no FSC HD?   Sit coms are far more watchable in SD on an HD TV than sporting events like soccer are.    Unfortunately for me it is no easily feasible to switch back to Dish or move to Direct TV, but I certainly would not have switched to FIOS now if I had the choice.  

0 Likes
ConorCoen
Enthusiast - Level 2

The various football seasons might well be over by the time we get FSC HD........if that did happen I then wonder if they would bother adding it until the new season in august? 

0 Likes
kbm61756
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is almost one year since Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Soccer Plus have been available in HD.  How much longer do we have to wait?  Or do we need to switch to another provider?  The excuses are nonsense.

glee323
Enthusiast - Level 1

i was just hooked with fios internet, tv, and phone today but i'm extremely disappointed the quality of fox soccer channel and fox soccer plus. i'm also paying an additional $15 for a horrible standard def channel. I'm also not getting GOL TV.

Time warner provides both FSP HD and GOL TV HD for only $5.95 a month. FSC HD was part of the standard digital package.

i just contacted time warner to switch my tv service back with them.

if verizon doesn't have any more channels to give then replace the standard channel with the high def.  How many fios tv customers are still using a standard def tv anyway?

0 Likes