Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Fox Soccer in HD

manufan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fox Soccer in HD

Message 81 of 383
(9,099 Views)

Let me add my comments to add Fox Soccer Channel in HD-  This is a big deal to me as I am sure it is for many soccer fans

foomanjee
Contributor
Contributor

Message 82 of 383
(8,993 Views)

FSC HD is actually here now.  However, it's not actually in HD.  It's just a rebroadcast of FSC SD.  Why is this?

I've just gotten off the phone with Verizon, and my channel package does have FSC HD (infact I just upgraded to Ultimate as well).

FSC HD and GOL TV HD are both here, but neither one is in HD.

nuttyirishman
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 83 of 383
(8,978 Views)

@foomanjee wrote:

FSC HD is actually here now.  However, it's not actually in HD.  It's just a rebroadcast of FSC SD.  Why is this?

I've just gotten off the phone with Verizon, and my channel package does have FSC HD (infact I just upgraded to Ultimate as well).

FSC HD and GOL TV HD are both here, but neither one is in HD.

What channel #s do you have for these statons?   I have Channel 84 for FSC and 313 for GOL TV.  These are NOT HD stations.    Bob

foomanjee
Contributor
Contributor

Message 84 of 383
(8,971 Views)

84: FSC

1522: FSC HD (..but not actually in HD)

cxg331
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 85 of 383
(8,956 Views)

FSC on 1522 is not the HD channel.  It has been in that slot for a long time now.  FSC HD will likely be channel 584, to mirror the SD version on channel 84.

foomanjee
Contributor
Contributor

Message 86 of 383
(8,938 Views)

I was told it was 1522 by the Verizon guy I spoke to earlier today when I upgraded my service

Tideman
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 87 of 383
(8,929 Views)
Channel 1522 is not HD, it is just a mirror of channel 84 and is part of the Spanish "La Conexion" package. Even though the channel broadcasts in English (not all channels in the package are Spanish language) they group most of the channels in the package together in the 1500's-1800's channel range so there are many duplicate channels (for instance the main CNN channel is 100 but in the Spanish package it is 1541). No one but Dish Network is currently carrying FSC HD which is why people on these forums and forums of other carriers are pestering their providers to get it ASAP as it has been live since February. You just see the HD logo on some of the FSC programming because they are now broadcasting in HD, but it comes through as SD. And GOL TV does not broadcast in HD at all. And no offense to all customer service folks, but most either have no clue or just yes you to death. As of last week one had no idea the Fox Soccer Plus channel was taking over channel 1009 (formerly the Setanta channel) effective March 1 when the switch over occurred. As much as I love the FiOS service I have found that I get many different responses to the same question from different reps.
foomanjee
Contributor
Contributor

Message 88 of 383
(8,924 Views)

Yep.  That's what I'm realizing - I was "yes'd" to get off the phone

nuttyirishman
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 89 of 383
(8,863 Views)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It was great to watch the USA v. Netherlands game yesterday on espn2HD, but painful to watch the Germany v. Argentina and Italy v. Camaroon games on FSC in lousy SD! Come on FIOS get with the program and add FSC HD! Bob

Tideman
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 90 of 383
(8,777 Views)
Germany-Argentina and Italy-Cameroon were not on FSC they were on GOL TV. But I will add another shout for FSC HD though.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title