Free Access to HBO's Exclusive Obama Inauguration Celebration Special ??
lmann
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, no political stuff here, k.  🙂

Does anyone know what time(s) Fios is unlocking the HBO channels for this free access?  According to the "message", accessed from my "menu", and date/time stamped 1/13/09, 10:00pm, Verizon is only unlocking once - well after the event - from 7pm-9pm EST.  But according to this press release http://sev.prnewswire.com/computer-electronics/20090116/NY6006516012009-1.html Verizon is unlocking for the live event - 2:30pm-4:30pm EST.

p.s. to Verizon:  thnks for this.  🙂  And did you notice that DirecTV unlocked their HBO for the whole weekend? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Free Access to HBO's Exclusive Obama Inauguration Celebration Special ??
Justin46
Legend

@lmann wrote:
boo Verizon  😞  no live coverage

HUH???? It is on right now!!!! I do not subscribe to HBO but I am watching it on FiOS.

Keller, TX

View solution in original post

lmann
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@lmann wrote:

HUH???? It is on right now!!!! I do not subscribe to HBO but I am watching it on FiOS.

Keller, TX

lmann
Enthusiast - Level 1
Yaaaay!  Thnks dude!
0 Likes
SteveM
Yeah, thanks a lot Verizon for cutting off the last 5 minutes right in the middle of finale Smiley Mad
0 Likes
lmann
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh no!  Did they rly cut off the rebroadcast in the middle of the finale?!  That would have rly ticked me off that's for sure.

Don't wry SteveM.  U didn't miss too much.  As soon as that song finished the announcer came on to ask the audience to please stay in their seats until Biden & Obama left the area so basically nobody moved as we watched them leave.  All of the performers just stood there on the stage and then the credits started rolling.

0 Likes
RWagner245

I was not able to access the concert at 2:30 EST on channel 400.  I tried for about 5 minutes after the start then gave up.  Today I found it On Demand, but it still says I am not subscribed to HBO.  If they said they were going to provide it and screwed it up, then the On Demand should be available to everyone.  I called the tech support phone line but they were clueless and not helpful.  I even spoke to a supervisor.  I found many references to a press release that Verizon was going to provide access to everyone, but they obviously did not:

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2132415/

0 Likes