Re: FSC HD and FSC+
oldshaman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like people have been requesting FSC HD and FSC+ HD for a while now. I chatted with support today and they sent me to the forum to request it but it does not look like it is doing any good. I already pay a lot extra for FSC+ (non-HD). I think I may cancel it until they get it in HD.Since ESPN2 HD picked up a few more games i can catch them there. They look so much better that FSC does on verizon.

Hard to watch the low res and see the HD symbol in the corner the whole game. I don't want to pay more for it in HD either.

0 Likes
heathplumb
Enthusiast - Level 1

FiosTV wants to know if you want soccer in HD. Vote here: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Soccer/idc-p/236185#M418

YOU GOTTA GO VOTE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.  I think it's safe to say our wishes are falling on deaf ears.  Let's try to make them hear us! 

0 Likes
romeofios
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes yes yes please give fox soccer channel HD!!

0 Likes
lee63

Im not gonna sit here and beg anymore for them to add this...I've waited 8 months and thats enough, as of next week see ya Verizon TV....hello DISH or Direct 😉

0 Likes
vgsmike
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth the fiostv twitter guy has now said FSCHD is #3 on their to-do list.

Didn't say what the 2 ahead of it are, but there you go. So, we'll have it sooner or later.

0 Likes
BenButler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been waiting 8-9 Months.    **USED**     to think Verizon FIOS was the best.

Not anymore.    ALL other providers have Fox Soccer Channel in actual HD, and FIOS has dragged their feet for 9 months. There are dozen of worthless HD channels (Wealth TV anyone?),   and they can't bring soccer  (the worlds most popular game) to HD? Even just one channel.  They are the worst. I keep checking into see when my contract is up to see if I can switch out to comcast or dish....      FIOS is a huge disappointment.

proton1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, bring FSC HD already, come on Verizon...don't know about others but in my area FSC SD looks actualy worse than most other SD channels...it's pretty much unwatchable on a larger LCD panel...this is really lame at this point..might have to re-think my providers if nothing is getting done soon.

hsu939
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's an outrage that the most popular sport in the world cannot be seen in FSC, FSC+ or GOLTV in HD on FIOS when they claim to be an industry leader.  It's especially exasperating when watching a soccer match and the network is proudly displaying "HD" as part of its logo, but Verizon can't seem to make it actually happen.  One would have hoped that with ESPN2 regularly broadcasting EPL matches in HD, that Verizon would get the hint.  If something doesn't happen soon, I'm gonna jump ship.

0 Likes
bekks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I think there is no reason to be frustrated anymore. It seems that everything is moving according to plan at Verizon. I still don't understand why most of the information is kept secret but based on what I get from Joe on Twitter. FSC HD is#2 on the list to be added and GOLTV HD is in the next group of 6. If I understand it correctly it will be at some point in Q1. FSC+ HD is not in the immediate plans so we will still have to put up with it in SD and pay 14.99. Funny thing is that I noticed that both Cablevision and Time Warner in New York area offer FSC+ as part of their sports pack package and charge in the range of $7 for the pack that includes all the other sport channels similar to FIOS sports pack  so I am not sure why we are still paying 14.99 for it.

As upsetting as it is to wait so long for our channels I think we have to realize that FIOS stands out from the rest by offering cutting edge technology and they continue to invest and roll out new things all the time which slows down on the new channel availability.

0 Likes
RossDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hope you are right about getting FSC-HD in first quarter.  I won't hold my breath.  My father-in-law in Fla. gets FS+ in HD.  He pays $3 per month.

0 Likes