Re: GSN
stevenberry541

Just learned of this too.  If only I could convince my gf to get off of cable and onto something like Sling.

0 Likes
ronnie423
Enthusiast - Level 3

sling is not cable tv or anything not a cable tv like fios is cheaping than other like game show netork stlll on fios but watch buzzer gsn made end the network  or go to buzzer ok buzzer owns on channel 9 fox ok gsn  going off the air ok loss ratings 

0 Likes
bigmike258

I would gladly give up the free Showtime for 2 years that was included with my bundle to get GSN back  or buzzr tv added...  I'm having match game with gene rayburn withdrawal.  Verizon needs to fix this no gsn problem.... there are plenty of worthless channels they can drop in the extreme hd to make room for the probably 50 cents per subscriber they were giving gsn

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep in mind there are two costs for carrying content.

There are fixed costs to connect plus the subscriber costs.

Game show network averages about 10m viewers. Approximately 3% of US population.

there is in the neighborhood of 110m cable subscribers. So about 3 people per subscriber.

That would mean there are about 3m households watching gsn.

So if Verizon has about 5% of cable, that would mean they have 150k households watching.

given your cost (none of us have any idea) of $.50/subscriber, that would mean Verizon pays $2.5m/month. That works put to nearly $17/viewer. Even if they only pay $.05, it would mean $1.70. And that is for a single channel. You can see why a channel can be dropped or moved to only higher tiers given these margins.

Re: Verizon Fios TV taking GSN off Extreme after you sign up for two year agreement. Can they get aw
prisaz
Legend

It would not be the first time a channel was removed from Extreme, but left in the lowest and highest packages. Believe me I know. I was #2 In the community forums, and a member at launch. It did get me a trip to Vegas for the CES as a Verizon Exibitor. But that was in 2013. I have since found better ways to spend my time. And not hundreds of thousands of hours here! Bring back GSN!!!

@CRobGauth wrote:

Because it is written into the contract.

This is from the FIOS TOS:

Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to change, rearrange, add, delete or otherwise modify the Service at any time, with or without prior notice to you, including changing, rearranging or otherwise modifying our Programming packages, the selections available in those packages, the Equipment, any Other Devices, and any other features, products and services that we offer.

0 Likes
Re: REMOVAL OF GSN FROM EXTREME PACKAGE
prisaz
Legend

Rip off! Slowly take from your loyal customers and try to force the into other packages. I think grandfathering is dead. 

0 Likes
Re: game show network
LadySonya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keep contacting them until you get the "right" supervisor.  I just renewed my FIOS package and later I found out it was no longer in my package after YEARS of being there. When I renewed my deal I kept getting the person to assure me I would still have GSN AND OAN since they are in my top 10 channels of viewing. (Ask for your top 10 that you watch. I was surprised they could tell me this.) Anyway, after being assured I would still get them, I didn't get SGN so I called them back. The lady assured me she would "Grandfather" me in within 72 hours. I wasn't after 5 days so I called back yesterday. They upped my package at no cost to me -- I have to wait until March 21st to call to have them discount my deal. I'll see then if I need to get hold of their "recorded calls" tape because if they don't give me the deal they said, I'm taking them to the FCC. I have no interest in the package they upped me to except for GSN. When will they let us go through the list of channels and pick what we want and charge us that way?  It'd be much easier. Out of ALL of their channels, I'm really only interested in about 10 of them, semi-interested in roughly 20. (the extra 10 I just watched once in a great while.

0 Likes
Re: Reelz and other channels removed
LadySonya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Call them and complain. KEEP calling until you get what you want at no extra cost.  I did. I just renewed my OLD plan last Monday. After being assured I would get the SAME package, I renewed. Found out it wasn't true. Called and kept calling. I now have GSN at no extra cost. The charge for the changes but then "discount" you for them. If things don't go the way they said, I WILL be calling the FCC.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios TV taking GSN off Extreme after you sign up for two year agreement. Can they get aw
Emru1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know their contract but if you sign up and a few months later channels are taken away I counter with a violation of the Verizon credo. This states: We keep our commitments to each other and to our customers. Our word is our contract. We respect and trust one another, communicating openly, candidly and directly since any other way is unfair and a waste of time. 

0 Likes
Re: game show network
Emru1
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I Tweeted about GSN after signing on for less than six months the agent arrogantly responded with a link to the contract. I sent her back the Verizon credo. 

Verizon credo: We keep our commitments to each other and to our customers. Our word is our contract. We respect and trust one another, communicating openly, candidly and directly since any other way is unfair and a waste of time. 

0 Likes