Getting the 500gb DVR
chasegreene
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally after two years of 160gb DVR with minimal HD space...

Verizon 500gb DVR Offer

Yes!!!! Should be here in 5 days!!!  

Re: Getting the 500gb DVR
tns
Master - Level 2

They have been sending them overnight to most people who ordered them.

@chasegreene wrote:

Finally after two years of 160gb DVR with minimal HD space...

Verizon 500gb DVR Offer

Yes!!!! Should be here in 5 days!!!  

rottenkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I just had fios TV installed today. I've had Fios internet for a few years now. I was with *D* tv for 10 years. I only switched because of the $. My question is, did anybody else get the new "Cisco chs 435" 500gb HD DVR. That is what they installed. He daid he didn't have any of the Motorolla 7232s. He also said that the Cisco is suppose to be updated to 1.9 in early April. Does anybody have any info on the Cisco boxes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@rottenkid wrote:

Hi, I just had fios TV installed today. I've had Fios internet for a few years now. I was with *D* tv for 10 years. I only switched because of the $. My question is, did anybody else get the new "Cisco chs 435" 500gb HD DVR. That is what they installed. He daid he didn't have any of the Motorolla 7232s. He also said that the Cisco is suppose to be updated to 1.9 in early April. Does anybody have any info on the Cisco boxes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is little info on the Cisco boxes since AFAIK they are only deployed in the Buffalo, NY area.  Hopefully someone from that area or a kind Verizon tech on these boards can provide you more information.  And yes, the indications are that they should be updated with the 1.9 release, but I don't know that I would count on the time frame you gave.  Beta testers are still waiting for the (hopefully) last update before general release.  Also don't know what Verizon is doing for beta testing 1.9 on Cisco boxes as Buffalo is not in the region the testing is happening.

rottenkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keyboards, Thanks for the reply.

Yea, I  wasn't to confident with the April release of 1.9. I'm sure the tech is just saying what he is suppose to say.

I know some people who work for verizon, in all different capacities, most in Buffalo, one in PA.  I'll have to hit them up for some info.

0 Likes
phillychad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello... Saw your link... THANK YOU! I have been dealing with having to delete shows I haven't even seen yet for some time now because this old DVR is simply TOO small! I contacted LIVE CHAT support and they sent me to a link asking for my name an email to send me info when these new boxes become avail. yet it looks like folks are already getting theirs!? What gives? Again, thank you for the post!

0 Likes