Re: Hulu Plus and Verizon and failures oh my!
zigamorph

I have been having the same issue since 3/1/2013.  This sucks, because up until this new refresh of the site, everything was working fine with HULU.

0 Likes
Hulu next day Fox content = "Not Entitled"
SpamBarrage

Ahoy, folks. I'm hoping someone can provide some inights into why I am now unable to watch next-day Fox content by linking my Verizon account to Hulu. This has worked in the past, and I noticed the errors (see images below) this week.

The error message once I try to link my Verizon account to my Hulu account:

My current subscription info:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As you can see, I have the Prime package but am still unable to connect the two accounts.

0 Likes
Re: Hulu next day Fox content = "Not Entitled"
PJL
Master - Level 3

I access Fox streaming video through the MyVerizon page (MyTV online).  It's working for me.  So I'm not getting more content available on Hulu+?  How do you link to Hulu+?   EDIT:  I followed your link and watched the video to find out.  I had to great a Hulu account (not Hulu+) and from there I could find my way to the locked episodes.  When I tried to login, it said I had to be subscribed to the Verizon Prime package -- I have Extreme.  Isn't this included in Extreme?  It's a higher package than Prime?

BTW there are some other posts on Verizon forums about this. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You have to reach out to Hulu Support for an issue like this.

Verizon doesn't have any hulu support unfortunately 

FYI,  I have had nothing but good experience with their technicians.

FOX has chosen to limit access to catch-up episodes of current shows to viewers that have subscribed to a participating pay-TV service. Paying subscribers will be able to watch these episodes the day after they air online; otherwise, episodes will usually be available on Hulu.com 8 days after they air on TV. Currently, only DISH, Verizon, Mediacom, Blue Ridge Communications and Cable One subscribers are eligible to see FOX shows day-after-air for free on FOX.com and hulu.com. (More information about FOX's decision can be found on their website: (www.fox.com/watchnewepisodes).

0 Likes
SpamBarrage

Much obliged to you both. I wish the images would have shown like they did in the post preview...

@PJL - If you go to Hulu and click your account info, you can link to Verizon there. It opens a small Verizon window asking for your Verizon log in credentials. It has nothing to do with Hulu (or Hulu+), believe it or not, if you go by the info in the windows themselves. The problem is Verizon is saying I need to subrscribe to a package for which I'm already signed up. I see other posts about Hulu, but my issue has more to do wit a botched link between Verizon's SSL and Hulu. Much like how you sign in to HBO Go and other mobile apps (e.g., FiOS mobile for iPad and Android) with your Verizon account. I do not see any posts on the forums about this.

@Hubrisnxs - Thanks, but the log in info (that the pictures would have shown) has nothing to do with Hulu and everything to do with Verizon's secure log in page. I was directed here by them.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

are you able to access any of the FiOS go stuff online like HBO and Showtime and cinemax?  

maybe it's a universal problem with your log in to all of the go services? 

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

SpamBarrage, with more experimentation I was able to get to the point where i got the this prompt:

So it looks like I'm getting authenticated correctly, just that I don't have access because I don't have Prime -- I have Extreme -- which makes no sense at all to me since Extreme is a "higher" package than Extreme.

So I would agree this is likely a Verizon issue, not Hulu.  But who knows for sure. 

0 Likes
SpamBarrage

I am indeed. All my other devices (iPad, Android phone) work fine with my various appz. The only issue here is the authentication with Hulu. 😞

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@SpamBarrage wrote:

I am indeed. All my other devices (iPad, Android phone) work fine with my various appz. The only issue here is the authentication with Hulu. 😞

Do you have the Prime package or some other?

0 Likes
Re: Hulu and Verizon Authentication Is No Longer Working
PJL
Master - Level 3

This is a previous related thread:  See this thread.

To the OP, if you could please post any resolution of this problem from your private case log, it would be helpful to the rest of us with the issue.

EDIT:  Is there a way we can confirm precisely which Verizon subscription packages include the ablity to watch the latest Fox episodes of TV shows?  Given the feedback in the thread referenced above right not it looks like only Prime, but this makes no sense.

0 Likes