Re: HD Channels question
prisaz
Legend

@yenracd wrote:

I have the FIOS TV Premier and according to the person I spoke to yesterday, he said it was listed as "HD Content" in addition to the FIOS TV Premier.  I haven't received my first bill yet and it's not posted online yet to see exactly what it says unfortunately.  When I called and the automated system asked me what channel I was having trouble with and not getting, I put in one of the numbers (Fox News) and the automated service said this is a channel that you should be getting.  When it was unable to troubleshoot and fix the problem (me seeing the channel), it transferred me to the tech who told me that I'm not subscribed to those channels.

The Premier package has not been offered for a LONG time. I think you need to call back and talk to someone else. If the tech support PERSON tells you, you are setup for Premier, you need to contact sales or billing. Tech support can only enable what shows on your account, from what I have heard. After reading your posts perhaps you are grandfathered on the Premier package and still have it, and are waiting for your first bill since your new HD box was added? I am just trying to get all the details because if you are still at premier, you should be able to be switched to Prime HD for the same cost and get some of the channels back.

Compare the old Package in the PDF here, with the new Tier offering and see if it is better for you to switch to Prime HD. Note that once you switch you can never go back.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/PopUps/ChannelLineUpPDF/ChannelLineUpPDF.htm

What you have.

http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetail/NR/rdonlyres/75316A54-5E55-475B-AB69-9B361594E7F7/0/PremierOnli...

Note that only channels designated with a P are now included. I think it would be better for you to switch to Prime HD as a minimum, but you must compare your cost with the new tier price. Note the prices shown are for new customers only. You will need to login to My Verizon to see the online upgrade price or call sales.

The new packages.

http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetail/NR/rdonlyres/17C23CB5-59C7-4263-A980-CFD436BF3996/0/UltimateOnl...

These are now the only packages available.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Plans/

Now that I have figured out the whole picture, I hope this information helps.It looks like the Premier lineup may have changed again in November since it is no longer offered. I have edited this a number of times to sort things out and make it easier to understand.

0 Likes
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks so much for those links.  I've been checking the differences and it seems like the channels that I have now with the Premier are available on the Extreme rather than the Prime.  I think I must be grandfathered...I signed up with a triple play about 3 years ago, and haven't made any changes since then.  I'd hate for the price to go up...but once I get my bill then I can compare what it says and match it to another triple play package.  Do you know...if you are grandfathered into the older packages, will they eventually stop them for everyone or only if you switch it yourself?

0 Likes
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that I have figured out the whole picture, I hope this information helps.It looks like the Premier lineup may have changed again in November since it is no longer offered. I have edited this a number of times to sort things out and make it easier to understand.

It's helps a whole bunch!   I'll check it all out and see what is the best!  Thanks again for taking the time to help me!  I really appreciate it! 🙂

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@yenracd wrote:

It's helps a whole bunch!   I'll check it all out and see what is the best!  Thanks again for taking the time to help me!  I really appreciate it! 🙂

Oh to answer your question. I have never heard of them just dropping something other than channels offered in a package. They usually make it to your advantage to upgrade if you want more channels or to keep them. Little by little they will move things around and try to get everyone to upgrade.

I hang around here like many others and try to figure out how to help. It is sort of like the old bulletin board days with modems before the Internet. I must have confused you a bit because I kept changing my post. Sorry.

I know depending on what you have now, they may give you a fair deal to upgrade. Verizon has always been able to work out something to my satisfaction. I remember when I switch from Premier to the old Extreme, it was almost a wash. You must have gotten right under the wire on the Premier offering.

I am glad to help.

0 Likes
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hang around here like many others and try to figure out how to help. It is sort of like the old bulletin board days with modems before the Internet. I must have confused you a bit because I kept changing my post. Sorry.

I know depending on what you have now, they may give you a fair deal to upgrade. Verizon has always been able to work out something to my satisfaction. I remember when I switch from Premier to the old Extreme, it was almost a wash. You must have gotten right under the wire on the Premier offering.

I am glad to help.

I remember those old bulletin board days!  lol  And no problem with changing the post.  It actually helped more when you did that.  I'll definitely look into the upgrade and see what they have to offer me.  I've always found them more than fair and the package I got to sign up with them was amazing!  When my 2 years was up, my cost only went up $5.00 and is still such a great deal for all three services.

I'll post back here when I get some info from them.  🙂

prisaz
Legend

UPDATE from my side. I passed this around and it will perhaps be helpful to all. Another user I just posted to has the OLD Essentials package. Similar issue as yours.

Also entered an idea on the Ideas board. If you agree, go vote for it.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/Some-customers-still-on-the-old-packages/...

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has four package lineups to which I am aware -- Locals Only / Prime / Extreme / Ultimate

You need to know which package you are subscribed to and then it's pretty easy to determine which channels you have.

To my knowledge, you automatically are entitled to get the HD channels in addition to their SD counterparts for all channels which your package includes.  

With that said ... to get HD channels, you need an HD STB.  If you have a digital adapter or SD STB (Motorola 2xxx series typically), these boxes don't get HD programming -- you'd need to upgrade the box to get the HD version of the channel.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@lasagna wrote:

Verizon has four package lineups to which I am aware -- Locals Only / Prime / Extreme / Ultimate

You need to know which package you are subscribed to and then it's pretty easy to determine which channels you have.

To my knowledge, you automatically are entitled to get the HD channels in addition to their SD counterparts for all channels which your package includes.  

With that said ... to get HD channels, you need an HD STB.  If you have a digital adapter or SD STB (Motorola 2xxx series typically), these boxes don't get HD programming -- you'd need to upgrade the box to get the HD version of the channel.

The OP's first post, "I recently switched from a Standard Def Box to a High Def Box."

There are users that are finding the loss of channels and the are still on the older plans. Extreme and Premier, New Guide issued this month.

0 Likes