Re: AlJezzera
irwing
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree Verizon needs to pull the plug on this channel and make it A La Carte for those wanting to watch it.

I have memories of 9/11 and dont want to support this in any way.

I called Verizon and told them if no action is taken in 10 days I am going to disconnect my service.

unix-kid
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ig wrote:

I agree Verizon needs to pull the plug on this channel and make it A La Carte for those wanting to watch it.

I have memories of 9/11 and dont want to support this in any way.

I called Verizon and told them if no action is taken in 10 days I am going to disconnect my service.

Hey there ig, welcome to the Verizon forums. This is a peer-to-peer forum where users assist eachother.

Like any other news channel, they will cover particulary sensitive topics, and if you are offended by any of these, feel free to block those particular channels. Here's how you do it: 

1. Press the Menu button on your remote control.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select Parental/Purchase.

4. Enter your Parental Controls PIN.

5. Select Parental Preferences.

To lock or unlock all channels:
         Select Lock All or Unlock All and press OK.

To lock or unlock specific channels:
         Select Block by Channel > Add or Remove Channels.
         From there you can select to Lock AllUnlock All, or
         select specific channel(s) that you’d like to lock or unlock

0 Likes
Re: Hoping the FIOS will not put Al Jezeera on our system
Pmill
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not wish to pay for this channel so merely not watching or putting on parental controls is not an option.  I need to have the option of not paying or supporting this channel in any way.  Otherwise, i wiil take my cable dollars elsewhere.  If others wish to see it, fine, let them pay for it.

pommom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will live out my contract and then move to another carrier that respects US values.  Let the free market play out. 

Al Jazeer America -- Really?
speechytex
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, I didn't ask for this station yet you are charging me for it.

Re: Al Jazeer America -- Really?
bondmanp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed!  Does anyone know if there is a way to block Al Jazeera?  I don't mean a parental lock, but a way to block it from appearing on the channel guide.Man Mad

0 Likes
joecies3
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's here!  Al Jazeera AImerica needs to be removed from FIOS TV asap.  Verizon hosting this Islamic propaganda channel is absolutely shameful.  I don't want it blocked - I want it gone.  If Fios won't drop it I am going to seek alternatives.

joecies3
Enthusiast - Level 1

We don't want it blocked we want it gone.  If you want to watch this propaganda move to Qatar.

Knightmare65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon supporting Al Jazeera America is inexcusable and 100% unAmerican. I will not stand to pay for a channel and a company who supports terrorists like the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda.

Verizon should replace Current TV with The Blaze TV, now that is a honest  American news station.

celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

well i gues all you teaparty people will just have to go to an antenna because just about all the cable and satellite companies carry this channel like they carry fox news.

0 Likes