Re: Hoping the FIOS will not put Al Jezeera on our system
benigngerm
Enthusiast - Level 2

@celticpride wrote:

well i gues all you teaparty people will just have to go to an antenna because just about all the cable and satellite companies carry this channel like they carry fox news.

Unfortuantely, that isn't the case. TWC which is the second largest cable company does not carry the channel. U-Verse also does not carry the channel. So there are alternatives to people that are serious about jumping ship. I'd avoid U-Verse though, their picture quality is notoriously bad. 

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

To all you people who are so upset about Al Jazeera:

1. Take a look at it.  It's not what you think.  Mostly, it's like BBC News.

2. Are you aware that Al Jazeera owns beIN Sport?

unix-kid
Enthusiast - Level 3

@AnnJ1 wrote:

To all you people who are so upset about Al Jazeera:

1. Take a look at it.  It's not what you think.  Mostly, it's like BBC News.

2. Are you aware that Al Jazeera owns beIN Sport?

I can confirm this. Yet I don't see people asking for BBC World News to be removed. 

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@benigngerm wrote:

@celticpride wrote:

well i gues all you teaparty people will just have to go to an antenna because just about all the cable and satellite companies carry this channel like they carry fox news.

Unfortuantely, that isn't the case. TWC which is the second largest cable company does not carry the channel. U-Verse also does not carry the channel. So there are alternatives to people that are serious about jumping ship. I'd avoid U-Verse though, their picture quality is notoriously bad. 

Actually TWC is in talks to carry Al-Jezzera.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/time-warner-cable-talks-air-al-jazeera-america-ar...

0 Likes
unix-kid
Enthusiast - Level 3

@tns_2 wrote:

@benigngerm wrote:

@celticpride wrote:

Actually TWC is in talks to carry Al-Jezzera.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/time-warner-cable-talks-air-al-jazeera-america-ar...

So far I can name two providers that don't carry AJAM nationwide. They may in select markets, not sure:

- Cox

- Comcast

The list is shrinking 🙂

0 Likes
Al Jezeera Channel
WhittierTV
Enthusiast - Level 2

How is it that we are paying for this despicable channel - terriorist TV.  How long will it take for Verizon to get rid of this junk if no one wathces it?  Tomorrow would be too soon.

Re: Al Jezeera Channel
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@WhittierTV wrote:

... How long will it take for Verizon to get rid of this junk if no one wathces it? ...

If no one watches it, then no one will know.

0 Likes
Re: Al Jezeera Channel
benigngerm
Enthusiast - Level 2

@WhittierTV wrote:

How is it that we are paying for this despicable channel - terriorist TV.  How long will it take for Verizon to get rid of this junk if no one wathces it?  Tomorrow would be too soon.

They have to give the channel some time to gain viewers before they decide to axe it due to low viewership. Funimation Channel was on FiOS for a few years before it was removed due to very low viewership. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Comcast is suppose to be carrying Al Jezzera America.

0 Likes
aljazeer TV
bettyjane2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please remove Aljazeer TV from the lineup.  Couldn't get that channel when it was Current TV.  This is even worse. Plenty more stations I would rather get if you actually want to ADD something to the line up. Do you hate this country so much that you want to force feed the propaganda that station is selling.  Verizon should be ashamed of themselves.