Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Hoping the FIOS will not put Al Jezeera on our system

benigngerm
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Hoping the FIOS will not put Al Jezeera on our system

Message 41 of 91
(3,346 Views)

@celticpride wrote:

well i gues all you teaparty people will just have to go to an antenna because just about all the cable and satellite companies carry this channel like they carry fox news.

Unfortuantely, that isn't the case. TWC which is the second largest cable company does not carry the channel. U-Verse also does not carry the channel. So there are alternatives to people that are serious about jumping ship. I'd avoid U-Verse though, their picture quality is notoriously bad. 

AnnJ1
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 42 of 91
(3,335 Views)

To all you people who are so upset about Al Jazeera:

1. Take a look at it.  It's not what you think.  Mostly, it's like BBC News.

2. Are you aware that Al Jazeera owns beIN Sport?

unix-kid
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 43 of 91
(3,327 Views)

@AnnJ1 wrote:

To all you people who are so upset about Al Jazeera:

1. Take a look at it.  It's not what you think.  Mostly, it's like BBC News.

2. Are you aware that Al Jazeera owns beIN Sport?

I can confirm this. Yet I don't see people asking for BBC World News to be removed. 

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 44 of 91
(3,295 Views)

@benigngerm wrote:

@celticpride wrote:

well i gues all you teaparty people will just have to go to an antenna because just about all the cable and satellite companies carry this channel like they carry fox news.

Unfortuantely, that isn't the case. TWC which is the second largest cable company does not carry the channel. U-Verse also does not carry the channel. So there are alternatives to people that are serious about jumping ship. I'd avoid U-Verse though, their picture quality is notoriously bad. 

Actually TWC is in talks to carry Al-Jezzera.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/time-warner-cable-talks-air-al-jazeera-america-ar...

unix-kid
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 45 of 91
(3,163 Views)

@tns_2 wrote:

@benigngerm wrote:

@celticpride wrote:

Actually TWC is in talks to carry Al-Jezzera.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/time-warner-cable-talks-air-al-jazeera-america-ar...

So far I can name two providers that don't carry AJAM nationwide. They may in select markets, not sure:

- Cox

- Comcast

The list is shrinking 🙂

WhittierTV
Contributor
Contributor

Al Jezeera Channel

Message 46 of 91
(3,162 Views)

How is it that we are paying for this despicable channel - terriorist TV.  How long will it take for Verizon to get rid of this junk if no one wathces it?  Tomorrow would be too soon.

armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Al Jezeera Channel

Message 47 of 91
(3,152 Views)

@WhittierTV wrote:

... How long will it take for Verizon to get rid of this junk if no one wathces it? ...

If no one watches it, then no one will know.

benigngerm
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Al Jezeera Channel

Message 48 of 91
(3,111 Views)

@WhittierTV wrote:

How is it that we are paying for this despicable channel - terriorist TV.  How long will it take for Verizon to get rid of this junk if no one wathces it?  Tomorrow would be too soon.

They have to give the channel some time to gain viewers before they decide to axe it due to low viewership. Funimation Channel was on FiOS for a few years before it was removed due to very low viewership. 

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 49 of 91
(3,054 Views)

Comcast is suppose to be carrying Al Jezzera America.

bettyjane
Contributor
Contributor

aljazeer TV

Message 50 of 91
(3,039 Views)

Please remove Aljazeer TV from the lineup.  Couldn't get that channel when it was Current TV.  This is even worse. Plenty more stations I would rather get if you actually want to ADD something to the line up. Do you hate this country so much that you want to force feed the propaganda that station is selling.  Verizon should be ashamed of themselves. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title