Re: Verizon FiOS has dropped FOX 25
AlmostGone1
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Re: Verizon - Fox TV
BostonMas
Enthusiast - Level 1

They better come up with some compensation/price drop, if not they will be in bad shape. 

Sullgame1

Amazing....Verizon drop FOX 25 becasue they do not want to pay a less than $2.00 to Cox. All in the name of the "best interest of our customers." Yet, we can pay Verizon $4.99 a month for the NFL Mobile app. This is not about the best interest of Verizon's customers. This is all about Verizon maiking more money on an increasingly substandard FIOS product which they apparently want to eliminate anyway.

0 Likes
Re: Keep Fox25!
HJMa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's your problem Verizon. I pay you way way too much money. Must be time to go back to Charter. I do not care about your problems managing your coists. i have my own problems. I have been very loyal to your company for a long time and now you are throwing me under the bus. {please keep it relevant} Not a very happy Thanksgiving from VERIZON FIOS. Wish I could try COMCAST, but I can go back to CHARTER after 12 years feeding VERIZON's big bank account. BTW your customer service is not great either.

HJMa
Enthusiast - Level 2

your must work for VERIZON. I DOP NOT CARE IS AT FAULT. Wait maybe I do. I am at fault for being so loyal to VERIZON. What a Dummie I have been for so long.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

My comments:

Everyone here is blaming Verizon. Have you also called your TV station? They are the one asking for the rate increase. You notice they are the only one putting out comments (it is typically the content provider that does) saying Verizon won't negotiate. Of course they will say that. Pay our price increase and you keep it. Maybe Verizon countered and they didn;t accept?

And yes it may only be $1 (do we know for sure?). But if every local channel added $1 to their price can you imagine how much extra we all would be paying?

By the terms of your contract (if you are under contract) Verizon can drop and add channels as necessary without changing price. No one asks to pay more when Verizon adds new channels. Yes they may not be the ones you want, but there may be people that don't care about Fox. Therefore, you are liable for ETF if you decide to drop before your contract runs out.

And how do you know that you won't run in to this when their contract runs out with whatever other provder you switch to?

This happens all the time (and seems to be getting worse). My local RSN is running notices saying that they haven't come to terms with Dish and you should be calling them to say make sure they don't allow it to go away.

At least Fox can be picked up OTA, unlike a RSN.

0 Likes
christa1990
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Fios is Heartless money grabbing Your T V commercial is Bull YOU LIE to your customers

0 Likes
No Fox? On our way to Comcast...
brfamily
Enthusiast - Level 1

Given the amount of money we pay each month, I expect more out of an organization like Verizon than to penalize its subscribers when they encounter contractual difficulties.  As customers, our only recourse is to vote with our money. Given this most recent episode of Verizon customer disservice, I'm willing to see if the competitors can provide a better product. Really Verizon... this is the best you can do?

Grayfam
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont like the way Verizon is handling this situation with Fox.  They send me an email saying that Fox decided to take themselves off the FIOS programming.  Seriously.  This is a clear dispute between two corporate entitites and I find it disingenuous that Verizon is indicating it was Fox decision.   We all know they have been in discussions for a while and there are two sides to each story.   Just find the resolution with Fox, allow us customers to keep the Fox channel and move on.   We all know Verizon makes enough money off of us "bundled" families.   I am disappointed and if they dont find resolution, I would consider moving from Verizon.

Grayfam
Enthusiast - Level 2

The other thing I notice is that Verizon is not really allow us customers to give them direct feedback.  How can we send a direct email to Verizon so that it registers with the executives making these decisions.   Sometimes I think these forums are just a way for Verizon to avoid taking direct feedback from its customers.