Re: Keep Fox25!
Asweens
Enthusiast - Level 2
The point is that we have a contract with Verizon, not with Cox. It is not my responsibility to call Cox and let them know that they should negotiate with Verizon. It is my responsibility to pay for a service that I purchased and it is Verizon's responsibility to provide that service.
ejm12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Take action!

If you don’t have a contract, UNBUNDLE  and walk away!

Today I purchased a standalone VOIP device to capture my home phone land line (I went with Ooma).  I also purchased a high power indoor/outdoor HD antenna (Mohu Leaf 50 ) with a signal booster/splitter (Mohu Jolt 4-Way Distribution Amp) that will allow me pump the signal through the existing wiring in my house.  Total cost for everything was less than $200.  Once I have it at all in place I’m cancelling my service with Verizon.  I can get a better deal for internet only (as a new customer) if go with Comcast.  I’ll back fill with Netflix, Hulu, chromecast , etc through my DVD player.  In a year when Comcast isn’t working or jacks up my introductory offer I’ll switch back to Verizon if they offer me the “new customer” deal (which as an existing customer I don’t qualify for).  This policy is about as stupid as it gets but I can play the game. 

0 Likes
asbos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called the number, and in sleazy fashion Verizon has put the number to the Fox25 main production number in their Dedham studio.  They aren't responsible for this, and I am sure Verizon know that but wants us to badger our local station.  Sad and pathetic move by Verizon.  I may leave Verizon, and for the people who do - we should all fight if they charge us a cancellation fee since this is their fault.

0 Likes
DMFINN15
Enthusiast - Level 1

If Verizon really "cares" about their customers, let us make the decision!   If we want to pay the extra $ for FOX, let us make that decision.  For a high tech company like Verizon, and all the technical resources available to you, your developers cannot come up with capabilities for your customers to 'opt in/opt out' of channels and services?  And then charge the customer accordingly.  You certainly have no problem coming up with all reasons to bill your customers for a variety of other services etc.  What's one more?   GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER VERIZON!

OBrien8391
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it is disugusting that we even have to be apart of this negotiation. When a company has a supplier issue, they don't ask their customers for help in negotiating a better price with their supplier. I DONT CARE WHAT COX IS DOING. I PAY YOU (VERIZON)  FOR TV CONTENT. You do what you need to do behind the scenes but don't get us involved. Absolutly pathetic. 

RexR

I cant believe it. Fox should not have been removed! I was on the fence at renewing my subscription to Fios, since Verizon doesn't carry the PAC12 network. Comcast and Dish do carry it. I decided I could make do in hope's that Verizon would add it. Then Verizon removes one of the few networks that can compensate for that, the Fox network channels. I am going to miss the biggest game of my alma matter tomorrow because Verizon is worried about it's profit margins. Tell your directors that your shareholders think this not adding value. I'm going sell my shares in the stock as well as drop the service. 

0 Likes
Re: Cutting Fox is cutting my support for Verizon
Brad_C

This corparate greed by verizon is unbelievable. Verizon is running a 30-second "political" commerical on fox25 to get us to believe that they are the "good guys" - that it's Cox that's being greedy.  Well, if every other carrier has an agrrement with Cox to air Fox25, I find it hard to believe that Cox is the the problem.  The "political" commerical is saying the Verizon will need to raise our rates.  Give me a break - I am already paying more than any reasonable person should expect to pay to watch TV. 

I went to Verizon for the quality of the picture; however, excellent quality picture on stations that I don't care about is not a great deal.  I will easily take a little less to be able to watch stations that I care about.  My Verizon contract is done. My Verizon contract is done.  I am sorry Verizon but I think that I am going back to Comcast.  

0 Likes
Mad_as_Hel_

I say dump Verizon and challenge them to enforce the early termination clause.  If they say FOX25 is too expensive: TOUGH.  YOU offered me a fixed rate contract; YOU have to adhere to your end, even if your obscene profits get squeezed.  The unavailability of FOX25 is NOT due to matters beyond your control; you could reach an agreement.  Therefore, you negotiated with us in bad faith.

BTW, they are tasked with serving the public interes tby the FCC.  Do I smell a distinct POLITICAL undertone toward silencing FOX?  What other reason could there be for not carrying one of the highest-rated programs on their system?

0 Likes
brill1

So I was finally accepting the $7/month increase that took effect in September with no notable increase in service.   But now; with Fox unavaliable, I am paying more for less.  I probably only watch 10-15 channels out of thee hundreds offerred and Fox is one of them.  I do not see how calling Cox myself to complaign is my responsibility.  I pay Verizon to provide the service and expect them to manage the contracts with their providers; not me.  I see how both sides are partially at fault here; but I write the check each month to verizon and expect them to act in the best interest of their customers.  After all, we are the ones keeping them in business.

0 Likes
BEHDedham

This is absurb.  Contacting Comcast.  I pay Verizon $270/month for FIOS and $260/month for Wireless.

They will lose both agreements.  Guess they really don't care,

Many say it's Cox's fault.  Who knows?  But like many others, last time I checked my contract is with Verizon, not Cox.

I will terminate my service.  

0 Likes