Re: Keep Fox25!
Nadie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm done with Verizon. I don't pay Fox, I pay Verizon. I signed a contract that included Fox, now that they don't carry Fox, that contract has been breached. They'd better not try to charge me an early termination fee! I switched to Comcast a couple of hours ago although it will take a week for installations as they're inundated with switchovers in this area (Boston).  Not the smartest move on Verizon's part since Comcast is running a bunch of Black Friday specials.

0 Likes
MarcK2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon - I will trade you 7 religious channels and 3 Spanish speaking channels for one FOX affiliate, straight up.

removetheguide
Enthusiast - Level 1

You need to remember that Fox 25 is a free/over the airwaves station.  Therefore, Verizon (and all other carriers) should not have to pay (and pass along to us the customers) large fees for the right to carry free TV.  I can underand if FX. FXX, or Fox Sports (cable channels) were removed but they weren't.  Yesterday and today I have called both the Verizon number Cox/Fox supplied to register my displeasure and also called the Cox/Fox number Verizon has posted on their channel.  I was met with 2 distinctly different results.  The verizon staff were great to speak with and very helpful/sympathetic.  The gentleman that answered at Cox/Fox was rude and obnoxious to me and all but stated  I was wasting his time by calling.  As I have written to Cox/Fox and Verizon, Public opinion will eventually win out and after talking with each company, Verizon is 100% in the right just by the nature of how they have trained their employees to deal with customers.

TheBigPopper

See ya Verizon.  Going back to Charter.  3 years, all channels, saving $50 per month.  Oh, they have Fox 25 too!  Good luck beating Cox.

0 Likes
lisalaz

I think if we don't get FOX back we should get some money back.

0 Likes
vicrickfan

Thanks alot Verizon. Don't be suprised when you lose customers just not to Comcast, but to Hula Plus also. I am thinking of dropping my service to the lowest possible to keep the Red Sox and the Bruins and THAT IS IT. Why do I want to pay over $200 to a company that drops channels but doesn't drop the rates when we lose channels? Hula Plus is only $7.99. Even 3 streaming Hula Plus subscriptions is cheaper than Verizon.

0 Likes
jd927

You have broken our agreement on channels available. I am breaking our contract and calling comcast. I am not watching football on my cell

0 Likes
toddbloom7
Enthusiast - Level 3

While I'll miss Fox, I'd rather see Verizon stick to their guns and not let Cox try to charge more just because they can.

Verizon should work out a deal with WGGB in Springfield - the western MA Fox/ABC affiliate - and say 'nuts to you, Cox'. If Verizon gives in, it'll be worse for everybody.

http://www.wggb.com/

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@toddbloom7 wrote:

While I'll miss Fox, I'd rather see Verizon stick to their guns and not let Cox try to charge more just because they can.

Verizon should work out a deal with WGGB in Springfield - the western MA Fox/ABC affiliate - and say 'nuts to you, Cox'. If Verizon gives in, it'll be worse for everybody.

http://www.wggb.com/

Each OTA Fox Channel has its region.  The cable/satellite/phone companies are not allowed to pick and choice which one to carry.  So for FOX 25 territory that's the one they have to offer.

0 Likes
Jacon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot pay more for Fox 25.  To watch I just need to change my TV's input/source to "Air Antenna" and watch it free over the airwaves.  You can get a RCA digital antenna for about $20.00.