loosing channels
panther912

rumor has it we're gonna loose a few stations, i have had fios for many yrs. and our bill is over 200.00 a month for what we do have and you wanna get rid of good popular channels, when there are channels that we really don't need.  if this ever happens i'm sure our bills will goo down about 50.00 to 100.00 a month cause that would only make sense to alot of people or you're gonna loose alot of customers. but please don't take away channels.

0 Likes
Re: loosing channels
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon is mainly dropping station where the cost/viewer doesn't make sense to them.
Remember that cable companies pay content providers for every channel that their customers have access to. If not enough people are watching, it becomes too expensive.

You make think our costs should then go down. But every new deal that is signed invariably involves an increase in fees.

The dropped channels help to offset those increases.

0 Likes
channels remove
doggydo

I am disappointed with Verizon decision to remove channels from its programing.I have received notice that five (5) channels witl be discontinued from my fios lineup. The latest this  dispute with ABC is the last straw. I am losing channels but my bill stays the same. How is that???

0 Likes
Re: channels remove
jonjones1
Legend

@doggydo wrote:

I am disappointed with Verizon decision to remove channels from its programing.I have received notice that five (5) channels witl be discontinued from my fios lineup. The latest this  dispute with ABC is the last straw. I am losing channels but my bill stays the same. How is that???

You could always drop the tv portion and go with a streaming service. Just google them. They are all inclusive and no taxes or bogus surcharges or sports fee etc.

average price is $25-$40 for 120 stations. Look into it.

best of luck

0 Likes
GmaJ2

I too am very disappointed and its not just channels that no one watchs.....haven't you noticed that CBS has been dropped today - without warning, without notice.  This is making me look around at other options.

0 Likes
SyossetCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a simple solution to this problem which is to give the viewer the option to pay for the channels that they want. Verizon competitors let you pay $5 a month to view the BlazeTV for example. Why on earth would I stick with Verizon to subsidize the cost for them carrying channels I don't watch from Disney. I don't have kids so I don't care about Disney Channel or any of that garbage. I don't watch ESPN. Yet I'm supposed to pay for these channels while the ones that I do watch get removed because they're not owned by big mouse. Sorry you just lost my $225/month subscription. Verizon's internet speeds aren't anything special anymore. Every cable company has fast internet in 2019. The fact that they want me paying $30 a month for an outdated DVR box in 2019 is the biggest insult of all. The little shell game of hiding the price hike increases in the "taxes and fees" section has worn out it's welcome. It's time to cut the cord.

"The dropped channels help to offset those increases."

And the resulting loss of subscribers puts more financial burden on the remaining customers. Verizon FIOS TV lost hundreds of thousands of customers last year. Bye. Enjoy sending your paycheck to Disney/ESPN. I have no interest in subsidizing your family watching that garbage while I no longer get to watch the programs that I enjoyed.

0 Likes
January Billing
Danaug
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since 25 percent of my major networks were not on your service for 2 1/2 days, how much of a reduction in my January bill will I get?

0 Likes