Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Loss of Universal sports programming

Bobbo527
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Re: Loss of Universal sports programming

Message 31 of 32
(564 Views)

@Teeta wrote:

I agree! A very poor decision by Verizon with not even a near equivalent channel offered as a replacement. Paying the same amount for a channel package with less channels. Just not a good move for your customers right before the Olympics are about to start. I will defintely be considering another service provider once my 2 year agreement expires.

Do you udnerstand what the term "Free Preview" means? And there is NO Olympic content being shown on Universal Sports HD.
mere423
Contributor
Contributor

Re: "Loss" of Universal sports programming

Message 32 of 32
(528 Views)

@sangs wrote:

Can anybody here comprehend what a FREE PREVIEW means? 

I DO subscribe to the Ultimate package, which includes Universal Sports HD.

If I heard anything about a free preview, I ignored it, because I already pay for the channel.

However, when the free preview ended, Verizon removed that channel and at least one other from me as well (and I bet I'm not the only one this happened to).

When I tuned to the channel (TIVO DVR with cablecard) I got the message "not authorized... Call your cable provider.

So I did. After multiple calls, hours on hold, multiple resets of the DVR and cablecard  by me and Verizon, it was decided I needed a tech visit because there was something wrong with my equipment.

The not-very-nice Order Department told me repeatedly  I just needed to push the Subscribe button, long after I told her many times, 1) no STB or Verizon DVR, and b) TIVO DVR  withcablecard .

A very nice tech came, determined there was NOTHING wrong with my equipment,  made some calls and determined what had most likely happened. Because I have Tivo and not Verizon equipment, he couldn't reset my service. I called Verizon again, told the Order Dept. to turn my channels back on and why (after only a 20 minute HOLD), and there they were ~30 seconds later. 

I  asked for some consideration for my time, the aggravation, and the fact that I had to call and tell Verizon what to do,  and I was offered $0.68, plus tax, for the channels missing for 2 days.

Since then I have received an automated phone call, and an email survey, asking how my service needs were met.  I have yet to hear any response  to my answers.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title