ME T.V. Leaving Leaving Washington, D.C. on WTTG
Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I was watching Me T.V. this Mother's Day, May 8, 2022, a commercial came on regarding ME T.V. is leaving Washington, D.C. May 9, 2022 in Washington, D.C. on WTTG. This network will be available on other cable providers and Verizon Fios customers should contact Verizon 1-866-559-1130 asking them to keep ME T.V. in their Channel lineup. I called the number and it is useless because it's like getting customer service and these folks have no clue to what's going on. Verizon staff have not clue or authority regarding this matter. I am a baby boomer born in the 1955 and I enjoy watching old series on ME T.V. that I watched growing up as a boy and teenager. 

https://metv.com/keepmetv

Re: ME T.V. Leaving Leaving Washington, D.C. on WTTG
crum1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me know if anyone answers you. 

Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will do; I am currently watching ME T.V. because we will be losing it on Verizon Fios after midnight 5/8/2022. I enjoy watching Alfred Hitchcock and The Twilight Zone.

Susan641
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll be leaving Fios when my contract is up if they don't add MeTV.  It's one of the channels I enjoy the most.

CapsDC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called that number too and also go nowhere. It rings to MeTV then  they forwarded me to Fios in DC and got nowhere from that except their automated system which kept thinking I wanted repairs.

Rubyredjewel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Fios can add a bunch of useless messages on  the menu but they couldn't do one in advance to say ME-TV was leaving?? As of this morning it's still on the channel lineup but the shows airing show the logo for START-TV.  That will really be confusing for people that didn't see the message  about ME-TV leaving the air . I only saw it once.  I've had it with companies not giving a hoot about its customers. I'm planning to  drop down to the cheapest package only because over-the-air tv is nothing but channels of infomercials & nonstop airing of multiple commercials with short spurts of tv & movies shown in between.

ME TV
kal7958
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why has Verizon dropped it?  It went off at midnight last night and a station called StartTV is in it's place in the DC area, channel 489.  Comcast has it.  Verizon -- please bring it back!

Kenman923
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have seen advertised that MeTV will no longer be on WTTG.  This morning, they have switched to StartTV.  There was no notification from Verizon and the number you call is forwarded to Verizon with a lot of recordings.  If MeTV doesn’t return to Verizon Fios, I will cancel my service and see if I can switch to an internet only plan.  I will sign up with a streaming service to get my TV channels.  Verizon seems to be notorious for pulling good channels and charging more.  Hey Verizon, I want my MeTV.  

drewtlo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've sent 2 direct messages to FIOS Support over Twitter and have not received a response. I also tried to call them and ask and after being told that my expected wait time to talk to someone was 4 minutes, I hung up after being on hold for over an hour. This is not the first time they've totally bungled a channel change and I'm seriously considering switching. I shouldn't have to pay $7 for ANOTHER streaming service just to get a local channel, but here I am. 

Re: ME TV
drewtlo
Enthusiast - Level 2

The affiliate changed from WTTG to WDME. I've read that the new station will broadcast the feed in HD and also add MeTV Plus. I really hope FIOS adds the new feed.