Re: ME T.V. Leaving Leaving Washington, D.C. on WTTG
Ward4NDC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received a response from Verizon Executive Relations Monday May 9, 2022 stating, Verizon did not make the decision to remove MeTV from their Fios TV channel lineup. The programming owner recently informed Verizon that it will remove MeTV from WTTG, which is part of the Fios TV channel lineup, and replace it with Start TV programming. The programming owner also indicated that it will make MeTV available on a new station, WDME, which is not currently part of Fios TV.  However, there is no Channel or station in Washington, D.C. called WDME.

Miltudog

Unbelievable. I’m on the phone with a tech and they have no clue 

0 Likes
Commo1

MeTV is a good channel.  Verizon Fios needs to fight for that channel. And I am NOT about to call a number that won't work. Time to cancel Fios!!

0 Likes
Mike2u
Enthusiast - Level 1

Start tv is Big Stuff (they wouldn'tlet me put the 2 first initias), They only have a handful of shows and even though 2 are Major Crimes and The Closer ( I like those) there's not much else.   We're paying for that?  

Bring back METV! 

Kenman923
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke with someone at Verizon and they said that it was not their decision to remove MeTV, but WTTG’s decision to discontinue MeTV and carry Start TV.  What that means that if you are trying to watch “Toon In With Me” at 7:00 AM, you will be watching “Dr Quinn:  Medicine Woman” instead.  Verizon needs to negotiate with WDME and bring back MeTV.  

Soze
Enthusiast - Level 2

At least I can watch MeTV (48.1) & MeTV+ (48.4) with the OTA antenna on WDME’s channels. And I discovered that they also have another oldies channel called ‘Decades’ (48.3) with some shows that I like. Just can’t DVR anything.

It seems other area providers already had WDME in their lineup, so they’re unaffected. But I’m not really holding my breath waiting for Fios to add this channel, as that would cost them money. This nonsense just makes me one step closer to cutting the cord.

drewtlo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Amazing that Verizon told someone that there's no WDME station in the DC area when you can easily find their FCC registration in a quick Google search. And too bad they can't explain why other carriers transitioned to the new station as soon as the new station started broadcasting on May 9.

https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?facid=168449

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, please bring back MeTV.   We  miss it already and would hate to go back to Comcast over this...

amus3
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is almost a yearly issue. FIOS says it's Weigel and Weigel says it's FIOS. They are equally to blame and should consider the customer instead of their self interests or the lack there of. I purchased an antenna to bypass the entire mess and it's not being broadcasted via the airwaves as stated. Money is probably involved, the bottom line is always money.

This is an opportunity to get back to basics, pick up a book and save some money. MeTV was my go-to, Ive wasted too much time fighting a battle that's not mine. I'm over it.

SJMPARMAN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I finally just said look, my wife watches Happy Days from 6:30 to 7, Mash from 7:00 to 8:00, something else from 8:00 to 9:00, me and her Gomer from 9:00 to 9:30, me and her Green Acres from 9:30 to 10:00, and me Hogan Heroes from 10:00 to 11:00.  Nothing else on FIOS is worth watching these hours unless a sports thing is going on for us.  So I found the friendly app on a 7 day trial that gives us METV.  But after searching these free apps alot, I realize I can get most of the stuff I am paying for on cable for free.  I have not figured out all the pricing on free versus paying for the sports stuff that I enjoy but I am thinking it would probably be a lot less than I currently pay.  Since we were mostly paying FIOS to watch METV, which is free with an antenna in most markets, I am starting to rethink if the cable part of my FIOS package is even worth it.