MLB Extra Innings
edhickey773
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are we going to suffer through another season with the same provider as last year? Yes, the one who said signed off when the last out was made--no post game shows--no regional sport networks. If so, I am tranferring to DirecTV.

Re: MLB Extra Innings
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We are sorry that your experience with the MLB Extra Inning was not to your satisfaction.  We have sent  you a PM.  Thanks Tonyad

0 Likes
edhickey773
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is a PM?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Private Message

Look up in the top right hand corner. Just under the red search button. You will see an envelope. Click on that envelope.

0 Likes
izzypa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree the service was very poor.   2 HD channels while people on Direct could get all games in HD.  The SD quality was horrible for many games. How is Verizon FIOS going to improve quality this year?

edhickey773
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see the red search button but no envelope beneath that button.

0 Likes
GMan28
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ed, hope you get an answer b/c I agree with you.  While I love FIOS, the MLB Extra Innings package is really lacking when compared to DirectTv.  Why can't FIOS offer more games in HD ?  I like the Red Sox, and could have seen probably 60 of them in HD on DirectTv.  With FIOS, it would have been maybe 10.

fitz0527
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, what is up with the lack  of HD? Nearly every game is broadcasted in HD so why can't FiOS just broadcast those instead of the SD feeds of the same game...thinking about switching back to DirecTV

flyersgolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can not agree more on the rip off MLB extra innings is on Verizon Fios.  I have written each year to complain and can not believe how expensive this sub par programming is.  I was told the first year that we would see all the Yankee games on YES in HD if we subscribed to MLB extra innings and would see alternative programming if we did not subscribe to it.  Not so.

I am just waiting my time out to go back to Directv.  Another joke is we have to get Ultimate HD subscription to get additional sports channels in standard def. CBS College Sports Network, The Comcast Network, Fox College Sports Atlantic, Central & Pacific, SNY, along with another big ten channel should at the very least be in High Def.

Fios does a great job with the movies.  I do not think they have anyone workiing there that understands how to reduce redundant channels and get the people the programming they want.  How many people even watch Standard Def after they have High Def.  We do not even have the ability ourselves to turn off standard def channels so they can be skipped.  Fios has not improved the end user experience from the first year.  Other systems strive to make improvements,  Fios will start to lose subs unless they make an effort to give us what we want.  At least MLB.TV works great on Fios internet and it is a lot cheaper than MLB extra innings on Fios. 

Bwayblue420
Enthusiast - Level 3

I subscribe to both NHL Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings. The service provided by the IN DEMAND carrier (which provides the content to FIOS, Cablevision, Time Warner and Comcast etc. so it is not the Cable Company's fault) is horrible. With 99% of all games shown in HD, it is a travesty that we have only two HD channels. As a matter of fact, for NHL Center Ice there is maybe one game every two weeks on the HD2 channel.

If DIRECTV,  and the respective league's internet service - NHL Gamecenter Live and MLB.TV can show the games in HD on the internet, than why the heck are we paying approx $180 bucks apiece to watch it in fuzzy SD, when everyone has an HD set by now? For the money we are paying for these packages, we are not getting anything close to quality service that is commensurate with the prices being charged - especially when DIRECTV charges the SAME amount and everything is in HD.

If anyone at FIOS can provide further assistance or an explanation, it would be greatly appreciated.