New Jersey (Central) Enhanced  effective 8/26
Northern Delaware  effective 9/15
Pittsburgh  effective 8/6
Rhode Island  effective 8/21
Richmond VA  effective 8/13
Southeastern PA  effective 9/11
Southern Delaware  effective 9/2

Southern New Jersey  effective 9/8

CA, FL, TX will be getting more HD in Oct. 

0 Likes
Re: More HD Channels?
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
I wish someone would explain to me WHY NY gets 100 HD channels right off the bat and the rest of us DO NOT!
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Joe01880 wrote:
I wish someone would explain to me WHY NY gets 100 HD channels right off the bat and the rest of us DO NOT!
Because the NYC system is new and others are having to be upgraded (removing analog channels, adding QAM channels, etc.) for the added capacity for HD. 
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
No, that's not why. NY had to be upgraded like every other area, removing analogs, adding QAM's, etc. The reason is, New York City recently was awarded a franchise to offer Fios there. Because Verizon wanted something to entice new people on board, they quickly added the HD's to have leverage against Cablevision & Time Warner. Every other area will also get the HD's over the next few months. New York just upgraded very quickly to meet the deadline.
0 Likes
mowerman
Thanks!!!  Im in California so i guess i will have to wait till Oct.
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@matcarl wrote:
No, that's not why. NY had to be upgraded like every other area, removing analogs, adding QAM's, etc. The reason is, New York City recently was awarded a franchise to offer Fios there. Because Verizon wanted something to entice new people on board, they quickly added the HD's to have leverage against Cablevision & Time Warner. Every other area will also get the HD's over the next few months. New York just upgraded very quickly to meet the deadline.
Thanks Mr. Expert.
0 Likes
Stew
Enthusiast - Level 3
I think what you're saying is just a little odd.......How can something be upgraded if it never existed in the first place? They never had a franchise before and have to be upgraded?
0 Likes
Baff
I believe FiOS was new to the city of New York, but not to the state of New York.  The New York city franchise was the reason for them getting the 100 HD first, but the state still needed to be upgraded.  Or something like that.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Thank you Baff, you are correct. Long Island & Westchester had Fios already. We needed to be upgraded. NYC is from the same Video Hub Office as ours.
0 Likes