Movie/HBO/Cinemax Package billing
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

I signed up for FiOS about 5 months ago.  When I signed up I was given the movie channels and HBO for free.  I wasn't sure if after three months I would keep the channels and Verizon would just bill me, or if after three months I just lose the channels.  I suspected I would have to call to cancel them before I got billed.

So some time during my second month I called and asked.  I told them I didn't want the movie channels after my promo expired, and I asked if I needed to call back to cancel or not.  The woman told me not to worry about it, after three months I would just lose these channels.

Well here we are, month five, and I just noticed that I still have these channels.  I just received a new bill, and I'm being charged $30 each month.

What's it take to get some knowledgeable phone support????

The best part is, I have been trying to call support for the past hour, and after two minutes of prompts and automated recordings, I finally get to the part where I am transferred to a live person.  Only to have the call end with a message "Your call can not be completed at this time, please try again later."    AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Movie/HBO/Cinemax Package billing
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

I experienced the same exact same thing.  the 2nd I called, the rep even said, "Oh, I noticed that you did call to cancel the package 6 weeks ago."

{please keep it relevant}

The lesson learned here is that each time I call Verizon, I create a log entry and jot down the rep's name and date that I called, that way, I have some ammo when calling back to complain.

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 05-03-2009 12:34 PM
0 Likes
Magooser

Why isn't there a way to cancel this online? 

They are closed on weekends too, right?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Magooser wrote:

Why isn't there a way to cancel this online? 

They are closed on weekends too, right?

Yes. You can go to Verizon.com and login with manage my account. If there was a request in the system to turn off the package 6 weeks ago, I would ask for a credit on your account for that time period. There are times when you can so to the support dropdown menu and select contact us. When selecting call there is a chat option I have found helpfull. But it is not always available. You need to get them on the phone and make sure you are not getting billed for service you do not have. Billing and CPE Manager are not connected. So you could have things changed and billing may not know.

Manage My Account has improved and the format has been modified so it may work better now. Stick to your guns. I did when I had the same issue, and it was corrected. Credits and all.

Message Edited by prisaz on 05-03-2009 06:50 PM
0 Likes
Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

@nmilot wrote:

I signed up for FiOS about 5 months ago.  When I signed up I was given the movie channels and HBO for free.  I wasn't sure if after three months I would keep the channels and Verizon would just bill me, or if after three months I just lose the channels.  I suspected I would have to call to cancel them before I got billed.

So some time during my second month I called and asked.  I told them I didn't want the movie channels after my promo expired, and I asked if I needed to call back to cancel or not.  The woman told me not to worry about it, after three months I would just lose these channels.

Well here we are, month five, and I just noticed that I still have these channels.  I just received a new bill, and I'm being charged $30 each month.

What's it take to get some knowledgeable phone support????

The best part is, I have been trying to call support for the past hour, and after two minutes of prompts and automated recordings, I finally get to the part where I am transferred to a live person.  Only to have the call end with a message "Your call can not be completed at this time, please try again later."    AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I am sorry you've experienced this type of response from customer service. What kind of support are you trying to reach? Billing and Orders are open M-F 8am-6pm, and Tech support is open 24/7; both at phone number 888-553-1555.

FYI If you do decide to use the online live chat option, the consultant is to add the information from the chat session in a tool so that there is documentation of the contact in case somebody else in billing/orders department needs to refer to them.

Message Edited by Jaime_Lee on 05-07-2009 08:47 AM
0 Likes
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

I was dialing 888-553-1555.  I was then trying to go to billing.  I tried multiple times between 9am and 12pm eastern.  I finally did get through and was able to remove this from my bill.

Calling support could not be more frustrating.  It appears that nobody is one the same page over there.

0 Likes
Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

@nmilot wrote:

I was dialing 888-553-1555.  I was then trying to go to billing.  I tried multiple times between 9am and 12pm eastern.  I finally did get through and was able to remove this from my bill.

Calling support could not be more frustrating.  It appears that nobody is one the same page over there.

What kind of support are you trying to reach? Billing/Orders, or Tech support? Or another kind of support?

Thank you,
Harles
Quality Support Team
Verizon Telecom

The information provided in this informal post is believed to be correct, but should not to be construed as a binding agreement. Verizon’s applicable tariffs, rates and terms will govern under all circumstances.

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 05-05-2009 07:58 PM
0 Likes