MSNBC?
doncant

I have FIOS TV North Jersey/NY service.  MSNBC is not listed as an available channel.  This has been the case since I got the service over six months ago.  MSNBCF is an important news service and should be readily available.  Anybody else in my boat?

Doncant

0 Likes
Re: MSNBC?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Cablevision has a contract with MSNBC blocking Verzion from offering it to anyone in NY or northern NJ that is in the Cablevision territory. No one knows when the contract expires.
0 Likes
sanaroph
MSNBC is not available in the Central NJ lineup either.   Could it be a cable exclusivity agreement regardless of the incumbent cable provider (eg Comcast, Time Warner, Cablevision, etc)
0 Likes
gatordon2
We have it in Buffalo. I will be more than happy to send it out your way. Bunch of {please keep your posts courteous}  that never get tuned in on my TV.
Message Edited by KaLin on 10-07-2008 09:03 AM
0 Likes
susanlyon
yes. i wondered about not getting msnbc and finally thought to check out a verizon forum where i got the answer, but i don't like it. Smiley Mad
0 Likes
imissdirecttv

if cablevision or anyother cable provider has an exculsive agreement with msnbc then how do the satelite companies, DIRECT TV, offer the channel.  biggest mistake i EVER made was switch to fios

0 Likes
pajh123
I'm not too happy with the Fios channel line-up....I watch MSNBC every night.......I even wrote MSNBC to complain - North/Centrel Est Jersey does not have MSNBC when it used to broadcast from Secusus.....get us this channel. I should have waited until after the elections....I'm like a junkie with his fix.......give me MSNBC - in particular Keith Olbermann'
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Call Cablevision and complain that they are blocking you from receiving MSNBC.
0 Likes