Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

MSNBC?

doncant
Contributor
Contributor

MSNBC?

Message 1 of 8
(9,876 Views)

I have FIOS TV North Jersey/NY service.  MSNBC is not listed as an available channel.  This has been the case since I got the service over six months ago.  MSNBCF is an important news service and should be readily available.  Anybody else in my boat?

Doncant

7 REPLIES 7
matcarl
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: MSNBC?

Message 2 of 8
(9,861 Views)
Cablevision has a contract with MSNBC blocking Verzion from offering it to anyone in NY or northern NJ that is in the Cablevision territory. No one knows when the contract expires.
sanaroph
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 8
(9,786 Views)
MSNBC is not available in the Central NJ lineup either.   Could it be a cable exclusivity agreement regardless of the incumbent cable provider (eg Comcast, Time Warner, Cablevision, etc)
gatordon2
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 8
(9,767 Views)
We have it in Buffalo. I will be more than happy to send it out your way. Bunch of {please keep your posts courteous}  that never get tuned in on my TV.
Message Edited by KaLin on 10-07-2008 09:03 AM
susanlyon
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 8
(9,694 Views)
yes. i wondered about not getting msnbc and finally thought to check out a verizon forum where i got the answer, but i don't like it. Smiley Mad
imissdirecttv
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 8
(9,432 Views)

if cablevision or anyother cable provider has an exculsive agreement with msnbc then how do the satelite companies, DIRECT TV, offer the channel.  biggest mistake i EVER made was switch to fios

pajh123
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 8
(9,399 Views)
I'm not too happy with the Fios channel line-up....I watch MSNBC every night.......I even wrote MSNBC to complain - North/Centrel Est Jersey does not have MSNBC when it used to broadcast from Secusus.....get us this channel. I should have waited until after the elections....I'm like a junkie with his fix.......give me MSNBC - in particular Keith Olbermann'
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 8 of 8
(9,393 Views)
Call Cablevision and complain that they are blocking you from receiving MSNBC.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title