NASA-TV?
Tested
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know this has been posted on other boards, but I'll ask here: is Fios considering adding NASA-TV to its lineup?  (I think NASA's even offering some HD content now)

I know HDNET carries launches, but that's not the same as the 24/7 coverage of all things space and NASA related that NASA-TV provides.

0 Likes
Re: NASA-TV?
Stew
Enthusiast - Level 3

It might have been discussed here as well. Unfortunately, Vz doesn't tip their hand when it comes to adding channels. Some subs get NASATV as a substation on their locals and others can get it on their public service channels, but the majority can't get it.

As you stated, HDNET is our only source, but that's mostly launches and recoveries. For everything else you have to log on to NASA.gov.

0 Likes
CaptainCombat
Enthusiast - Level 1
I just wanted to add my voice and/or vote to this thread. I too wish we had NASA TV all the time!
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I do too Come on Verizon Let's snag this channel.  I read some much about voilence in our world and I absolutely love learning about outter space and every night for the past couple of weeks I get a peak @ Venus and Jupiter its really cool. I'll see who I can bug to get this channel.
0 Likes
jamesonc
im a closet nasa tv watcher.  actually when my family had direct tv i would watch that all the time. not only just each launch and the following days, but all the hours of the camera stationary in mission control....the people that work there look bored and im like whoaaa.....and my family was like oh, not again.
0 Likes
SuAnn

Add me to the list, I want NASA TV.  I was very sad to find out that it wasn't already part of the line up.  If I had known this I would not have signed up for FIOS.

SuAnn

California

0 Likes