NBA League Pass HD Channels
longhorn2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey guys,

Any way we can add the remaining 5 or so NBA League Pass HD channels soon? I have subscribed to NBA League Pass every year for the last 10 years or so.. but the package is more worth the cost of $200 when all the channels are in HD.  So can we please add the remaining NBA league pass channels in HD? Please? Thank you in advance. 🙂

0 Likes
Re: NBA League Pass HD Channels
celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

I agree with you 100% on this! I wish every HD channel was avaiable in HD on verizon! I wish broadcasters would start switching to 4k,I HATE STREAMING ,I WANT CRYSTAL CLEAR TV!!!

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Lots of reasons for 4k to be delayed:

1) The studio quality cameras would cost a fair amount to buy to reaplce HD. Look at how long it took for HD to be available.

2) Bandwidth required to display 4K. Cable companies can't carry everything in HD, now, 4k would be even less.

3) Not that many people have 4k TVs yet.

4) Not sure if they can even carry 4K content over the air.

0 Likes
taisoo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to echo this request. It makes no sense that some of the 5 HD channels are used up by local market teams, so at times we get 3 HD NBA games and 2 HD blackout messages. Seems pathetic to be worse off than TWC customers in this regard and there's no reason to be watching NBA games in SD in this day and age

celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

Does anyone know how many hd channels in the nba league pass other cable and satellite carriers have? (I'm pretty sure DIRECTV still has all the games in HD!) how about dish,comcast,time warner, charter, and brighthouse?

coop12601

DirecTV has every game both hame and away feeds available in HD.  It is one of my biggest complaints about FIOS.  What good is fiber optic with its increased bandwidth if you limit HD programming?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are still liited to the number of channels based on the technology used to carry channels to STB.

The standard is called QAM and is limited by cable bandwidth.

DirecTv was able to do it differently as they developed their own hardware.

0 Likes
celticpride1
Contributor - Level 2

Then why does verizon have more baseball and hockey channels in HD than basketball? why cant they use the baseball HD channels for the other nba games once baseball is finished in october after the season ends?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can't say why, other than their choice.

0 Likes