NBC Sports Live Extra app requires Golf Extra?
evertonfan

Hi there,

I'm trying to use my iPad to access NBC Sports' coverage of English Premier League soccer, and I have Verizon (and can access this content on my computer).  The app, when I try to log in through Verizon, says I need to subscribe to Golf Extra.  This can't be accurate.  Emails to NBC support have gone unanswered.  I have tried restarting and reinstalling the app.  

0 Likes
Re: NBC Sports Live Extra app requires Golf Extra?
goooooners

just chiming in to express my frustration because i have the same problem, makes no sense!

0 Likes
NBC Sports Live Extra access issue
colemang

I can view NBC sports extra (premier league games) on a PC, but not on my iphone or android app.  Every time i try to log on through the apps it says I need to be subscribed to the golf channel to watch golf (higher packages than Prime HD to which I'm subscribed).  So, I touch the game i want to watch, it asks me to log in, then says because i'm not subscribed to a higher package that has golf, i can't use the app to watch soccer.

Is that the way this is intended to work?  I don't want to watch golf, and my understanding is that you can stream through NBC Sports Live extra if you subscribe to NBC sports, which I do.  Did Verizon split the baby on this one, essentially forcing you to subscribe to a package with golf to get what you should already be entitled to?  Is this just an app problem that will clear itself up?

Anyone else seeing this issue?

0 Likes
Re: NBC Sports Live Extra access issue
premleague

Same issue. I chatted with the customer support, they are aware of it. Will fix it. It has not been working for a year, not sure when will this be fixed.

0 Likes