New but not improved channel guide
ScienceRules1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last week my STB apparently upgraded software. Among the changes was a reformatting of the full guide. Gone are the white timeline at the top reflecting the current time versus the scheduled programs. Gone too are two channel's  schedule bars from the screen. Instead is a Verizon advertisement bar across the bottom and wasted grey space at the top and on the left side of the screen.

Whoever designed this new format used the screen space very inefficiently. Whoever approved this design has little regard for the FIOS customers who use the guide.

PLEASE EITHER CHANGE IT BACK TO THE PREVIOUS FORMAT OR REDESIGN THE GUIDE TO MEET USER/VIEWER NEEDS.

Re: New but not improved channel guide
ejpearson5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree the new guide adds no user features and is merely an advertising gimmick.  .  I don’t want to be bombarded with an obtrusive red advertising banner each time I open my TV guide.  Automatically upgrading firmware for advertising purposes to bombard their customers is a cheap move by Verizon.   Fix it immediately or my next call will be to Cox.

lindauca
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes . since the upgrade of the top box recently they put a sleep mode on the box for 

inactivity and the box JUST TURNS OFF .  Had to go in SETTINGS and change.

ALSO  If you had a 4 digit pin that had to be entered before authorization of watching

a PPV .. ITS GONE NOW . The upgrade wiped it out. Have to set that again.

Anybody loose their library of movies that they payed for?  I bet they did..

Absolutely ridiculos.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lindauca wrote:

Yes . since the upgrade of the top box recently they put a sleep mode on the box for 

inactivity and the box JUST TURNS OFF .  Had to go in SETTINGS and change.

Not new.  But it tends to sometimes get reset with updates.

THe second problem you mentioned is not happening for everyone, but of course you need to contact them to get them back.

0 Likes
pisaacs

I'm a new Fios Tv customer and so am not familiar with the old channel guide. But the new one is a visual JuMbLE and hard to follow too. It makes me think with fondness on DirecTv's guide.

0 Likes
BigMikeNewman

I am also a new Verizon customer and am starting to miss my Directv. If it wasn't for on demand programming I would have nothing good to say about verizon tv at all. They better improve in many different areas in the next few months or I am going back just as soon as I can. Customer Service is one long pain in the **bleep**, leading to a conversation with a gentleman who says he is the supervisor but won't do or change anything at all, and sounds like my five year old son apologizing for everything ahead of time, before he tells me that his hands are tied and he can't do anything. I am paying 30 dollars more amonth now for the same thing I had with DirecTV. The guide blows. It needs for programming on screen. If you put the HD channel next to the corresponding standard channel that would be helpful, then you don't have to jump from channel 8 to channel 525 to get the HD version. I will be keeping a list, will be back later if things don't start making me happy.   

0 Likes
seeveepeepee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, the ad on the bottom is so obnoxious. Makes me want to get rid of verizon all together. At least give me the option of switching back to the old format please!!!

0 Likes