Re: NEW HD Channels
PoloDude
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really ? Of all the HD channels that the community has been BEGGING for, We get Disney Jr. HD  ????  Wow ,Just Wow

0 Likes
rpfeirstein
Enthusiast - Level 3

What I have read on the net, Disney has forced this on the cable/dish providers to add this new network as a condition of their continuing to carry other HD networks under Disney corporate control. Seems like it is time for Justice to look into this as an Anti-Trust violation. I will be filing my complaint with the Justice Department next week.

prisaz
Legend

@rpfeirstein wrote:

What I have read on the net, Disney has forced this on the cable/dish providers to add this new network as a condition of their continuing to carry other HD networks under Disney corporate control. Seems like it is time for Justice to look into this as an Anti-Trust violation. I will be filing my complaint with the Justice Department next week.

Or just drop Disney for a while like they did Fox networks. See where that gets Mickey really Goofey!!Smiley Mad

0 Likes
rpfeirstein
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not so easy, apparently Disney corporate controls certain highly demanded sports networks, but I don't remember the details.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

ESPN is 80 % owned by ABC, Inc., which is an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@rpfeirstein wrote:

Not so easy, apparently Disney corporate controls certain highly demanded sports networks, but I don't remember the details.

Even more reason to boycott them! That is the whole problem with this sucky provider crap. The providers have turned things around like people waiting for an iPhone. Something wrong with the whole picture. It should not be the company providing the content directly to the customer begging to do so! If all the companies like Verizon, Comcast, Directv, and others would form a coalition of sorts, this type of stuff would stop. 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

ESPN is 80 % owned by ABC, Inc., which is an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company.

BOYCOTT! {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
DBLClick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would love to see the real BBC.  A subscription plan would be nice. 

0 Likes
lancers1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So no plans to add Fox Soccer Plus to the HD lineup?

0 Likes
rpfeirstein
Enthusiast - Level 3

DISH did not cave into Disney's demands and currently is not able to offer the Disney Channel, et.

Verizon and TW caved in immediately.

0 Likes