New receiver coming out?
patches5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I heard that they were coming out with a recorder that can record three shows at once, and has double the space. Anybody know anything about that?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New receiver coming out?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon doesn't have a three tuner DVR yet (haven't heard any whispering about them getting one anytime soon either) but they have a two tuner recorder (similiar to what's out now, record two shows + watch a recorded program) but it DOES have the larger space.  

you can request one by logging in at verizon.com/fiostvcentral -> My TV -> Set Top Box -> bottom right banner ad about ur DVR > Click and fill in the info to be placed on the request list, some people have reported success with dropping by a Local store and requesting one, I'd call before driving if you did that.

This is their new one, and they have the manuals for all the receivers online by clicking here. 

Motorola 7232-P2 HD DVR
Motorola 7232-P2 HD DVR

User Guide

Cisco CHS 435 HD DVR

Cisco CHS 435 HD DVR

User Guide

The Cisco is available in select areas, and the Motorola is their work horse that has wider general availability. 

They both come standard with 500 GB hard drives, compared to the older models that had 160 GB hard drives.

This is the comparison with recording time.

160GB (6416, 7216), 135GB Content Volume
SD : 85.8 hours
HD : 20.5 hours
500GB (7232), 440GB Content Volume
SD : 298.6 hours
HD : 71.2 hours 
When you get the newest update to the 1.9 guide system, it will allow you the ability to add a 1TB to any 7xxx series receiver and cisco DVR.
So if you have a model 7216 already (look at the front of the receiver under the Verizon Logo, it will say QIP 7xxx)  then you can simply add a 1TB drive.   Those drives sell for a little over 100 dollars online.
then you would get a lot more recording hours without having to lose what you already have on your DVR.
 1TB eSATA (7216, 7232), 900GB Content Volume
SD : 619.6 hours
HD : 147.8 hours

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon doesn't have a three tuner DVR yet (haven't heard any whispering about them getting one anytime soon either) but they have a two tuner recorder (similiar to what's out now, record two shows + watch a recorded program) but it DOES have the larger space.  

you can request one by logging in at verizon.com/fiostvcentral -> My TV -> Set Top Box -> bottom right banner ad about ur DVR > Click and fill in the info to be placed on the request list, some people have reported success with dropping by a Local store and requesting one, I'd call before driving if you did that.

This is their new one, and they have the manuals for all the receivers online by clicking here. 

Motorola 7232-P2 HD DVR
Motorola 7232-P2 HD DVR

User Guide

Cisco CHS 435 HD DVR

Cisco CHS 435 HD DVR

User Guide

The Cisco is available in select areas, and the Motorola is their work horse that has wider general availability. 

They both come standard with 500 GB hard drives, compared to the older models that had 160 GB hard drives.

This is the comparison with recording time.

160GB (6416, 7216), 135GB Content Volume
SD : 85.8 hours
HD : 20.5 hours
500GB (7232), 440GB Content Volume
SD : 298.6 hours
HD : 71.2 hours 
When you get the newest update to the 1.9 guide system, it will allow you the ability to add a 1TB to any 7xxx series receiver and cisco DVR.
So if you have a model 7216 already (look at the front of the receiver under the Verizon Logo, it will say QIP 7xxx)  then you can simply add a 1TB drive.   Those drives sell for a little over 100 dollars online.
then you would get a lot more recording hours without having to lose what you already have on your DVR.
 1TB eSATA (7216, 7232), 900GB Content Volume
SD : 619.6 hours
HD : 147.8 hours
patches5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it a external  hard drive you add. Or is  a drive I have to get from Verizon

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
The external 1 or 2 tb drive is something you would buy. The western digital mybook dvr expander has been tested so far
gjetson
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what I have read in various sources the External Drive needs to be an e-Sata drive not the standard USB external drive.  Just something to think about.  That information is available on various sections of this forum

Justin46
Legend

@gjetson wrote:

From what I have read in various sources the External Drive needs to be an e-Sata drive not the standard USB external drive.  Just something to think about.  That information is available on various sections of this forum

Yes, it absolutely must be an e-Sata drive. No USB connection support.

Keller, TX 76248

tns
Master - Level 2

E-sata only.

The certified Western Digital models are the My Book AV models.  These models have e-sata and USB 2.0.

ffrcoupe
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

you can request one by logging in at verizon.com/fiostvcentral -> My TV -> Set Top Box -> bottom right banner ad about ur DVR > Click and fill in the info to be placed on the request list

I'm using MyVerizon 2.0 and don't see any banner ads. Am I missing something?

Hubrisnxs
Legend

it's an ad, but it's more of a square box/ad that says do you want more out of your DVR.  BUT you have to kinda go through the route I mentioned, there are other was to get there, but you have to be on the page that shows all of your set top boxes and lets you rename them. 

it's located under "quick links"

ffrcoupe
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

it's an ad, but it's more of a square box/ad that says do you want more out of your DVR.  BUT you have to kinda go through the route I mentioned, there are other was to get there, but you have to be on the page that shows all of your set top boxes and lets you rename them. 

it's located under "quick links"

I found it. Thanks!

It's buried a couple of levels down (at least the way I found it) on MyVerizon 2.0

No one in this thread has mentioned there is a $39.99 one time upgrade fee.

I've got a 6416-2 so I guess I couldn't use an external drive to expand.