New Viacom...listing in cblbox ok, but channels not available (Natick, MA)
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

The channels for the Viacom services are listed but if I go to the channels, I get a 2-3 second freeze and then a message

about entering Quickcode 8801, but it does nothing.

I tried unplugging my cable box, came back exactly the same

If it isn't working by tomorrow, I'll call Customer UNCare  🙂

0 Likes
Re: New Viacom...listing in cblbox ok, but channels not available (Natick, MA)
fitch
i am having the same problem in Lake Elsinore, CA.  I get MTVhd and CMThd but none of the other channels come in...all i get is the currently unavailable message with quick code 8801 on vh1hd, nickhd,comedycentralhd,and spikehd.  I have reset the boxes myself and had the phone reps do a deep reset of my boxes on their end and it is still the same.   It is really weird that i get only 2 of the 6 new viacom channels.  I am on the extreme plan and should be getting them all. If anyone has a fix or can help please post here.  They are sending a tech out on Monday to check it out for me.  This sounds like a VHO problem to me especially since the listings for the channels are still not correct in the guide.  Thanks in advance for any help from fellow posters.
0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Anyone else seeing this?  Any technical people want to help us?

Fitch, did they fix it Monday for you?

Message Edited by philhu on 06-30-2009 07:43 AM
0 Likes
fitch
They rescheduled my monday appt. to this friday so i wont know anything till then.  Did you schedule them to come out to you yet?  I also sent a PM to techman28 and he said he was looking into it so i will let you know as soon as i have an update.  I called and they did the resets from their end and i did the resets before i had even called so everything was reset on my fios 7216 boxes twice and still did not fix it. I even rebooted the ONT and it still did not fix it.   This is a very bizarre situation that we get 2 channels but not the other 4.  I think it is related to our individual VHO hubs and is something that needs to be fixed on their end and has nothing to do with the wiring/boxes or setups at our individual houses but who knows.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon....
0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

I rebooted everything, etc.

Yes I scheduled an appointment for next week.

I agree, it has to be our hubs, as a tone of people aren't seeing it.

Please let me know what they say, and what techman28 says, ok?

0 Likes
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

Well, the channels appeared today!

Don't know why, but they showed up late last night.

0 Likes
fitch
Thats great phil.  I am still without the channels in lake elsinore, CA unfortunately.   Techman or anyone else please help!  Thanks!
0 Likes
sweetbabylee
Enthusiast - Level 2
Put a request for service in on the channels Friday 6/26.  Said should be fixed in 48 hours.  Nothing.  Called today inquiring and they said it had been escalated and that I should have info by tmo 7/2 noon at the latest.  We'll see. (Temecula, CA)
0 Likes
fitch
thanks sweetbabylee for putting in the service request.  Still no channels for me as of wednesday night 7/1 but i will let you know if they come on.  Please let us know if you hear anything.  Is temecula the same vho as lake elsinore?  Hopefully so.  Thanks again...
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
yes Temecula is the same VHO as Lake Elsinore which is VHO3 for California there were some issues with the new Viacom HD channels but its being sorted out and being fixed I just don't have an ETA right now but I will update as soon as the info is provided
0 Likes