Re: New VOD menus
DanielF804

I too dislike the new VOD menus. I noticed Cinemax you can no longer select "New Arrivals" so I have to flip through 300 plus movies and hope to notice a new one. Waste or time. It's not as easy to flip through as it was before. I prefer a title list over seeing a cover to a movie. I hope they change this

0 Likes
Re: New On Demand Interface
Jim341
Enthusiast - Level 1

Scanning premium channels for movies is terrible. The poster view is great for folks that prefer to spend more time searching for a movie than watching one. Preferably a list format that you could scroll through quickly and see brief description of film, year, and actors would be a fantastic option for me. Keep it simple and fast.

0 Likes
On demand menus
Dcostello1
Enthusiast - Level 1

So they've taken a bad design and made it worse. Thank you verizon

UDbmas
Enthusiast - Level 3

This new OnDemand menu is horrible! I cannot find anything.  Everything is represented by huge "icons" that often don't even have the title unless you scroll to it. It is slow, cumbersome, limited, and horribly arranged. The remotes are not durable enough for the amount of button pressing needed to scroll through the entire catalogue just to find one program. Maybe (and that's a BIG maybe), maybe this might have some usefulness if you know exactly what you want to see and can use the arcane letter-by-letter search, but even then it's maddeningly tedious. Premium networks and the TV/Movie industry should be notified that many of its programs and movies are going unseen simply because customers are too frustrated with a clumsy menu system and give up. This is by far the worst cable "on demand" system I have seen. It's even worse than Comcast's. It's a total and complete failure.

UDbmas
Enthusiast - Level 3

Total fail. Undo this.

Re: How do you complain to Verizon about their new VOD menu?
UDbmas
Enthusiast - Level 3

They are on twitter, hit them up: @verizonfios

Re: On demand old view.
UDbmas
Enthusiast - Level 3

This isn't like Windows Vista or 8, you have the option of rolling back with Windows systems. We don't have that option. I wish we did. This new OnDemand menu system is like replacing WindowsXP with ME, a complete disaster. Simple, elegant text lists are much better and easier to scroll through. This icon/poster based system stinks.

Verizon Fios On Demand Question
Linelsas

I hate the new On Demand layout.  It's very difficult to follow, and it takes forever to find shows (only two rows of content are displayed at a time) and to exit.  Then, they sneak in TV series EPISODES that you have to pay for!  Please go back to the old format and seperate the shows that are "free" versus the ones you have to pay for.  We pay over $200/month for Verizon Fios -- stop nickle-and-diming us.

BATTERY warning to customers.  The battery on our Verizon in-home box (the main unit, not the router) recently died.  Verizon charged us $50 to replace it.  It's their equipment!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios On Demand Question
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Batteries are user responsibility.

Just like if you lease a car.

Certain things are your responsibility.

You can get batteries for a lot cheaper and do it yourself.

0 Likes
I ABHOR the new on-demand menu
sosbeagles
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used to be able to drill down alphabetically easily.  Now once you get to the TV shot listing, I have to "arrow" across tons of graphics.  If my program begins with a letter late in the alphabet, it takes forever.  Why did you have to switch from the Alphabetical ranges (i.e., A-D, E-G, H-N, etc.) designations?