NFL Red Zone and Extra Innings
DMacL

When I use the online tools to see what additional packages I can add to my service, it shows NFL Red Zone, MLB Extra Innings (and the Soccer) - with no monthly fee.   Other features - like Disney Family Movies and the additional languages do show a fee.

I am hesitant to sign up for the NFL Red Zone feature - since I always thought it was an additional cost.  Could the site be wrong?  What am I missing?

0 Likes
Re: NFL Red Zone and Extra Innings
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.. there is definitely a cost for the Red Zone.  Don't hold me to it, but I think it's like 49.99 for the season. That is what it was last year anyway.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon announced yesterday that NFL Red Zone will be included in the Ultimate Package at no extra charge.  It's $49.99 for the season otherwise...

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/FiOS-TV-Ultimate-Package-Gets-NFL-RedZone-Verizon-Offer...

Haven't seen anything about MLB Extra Innings or the Soccer package.

0 Likes
SrValasco
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Red Zone is $50 for the season.  I'm wondering if I could upgrade to Ultimate HD (which includes RZ for free) for $15 more per month over my current Extreme HD and keep it for the 4 months of the NFL season and then cancel it?  It would only cost $10 more but I'd have all those extra movie channels for 4 months (Starz and Flix I think).   Is it easy to add and cancel options like that?  Any hidden fees or penalties to do so?  I've still got a year to go on my discounted bundle pricing so I wouldn't want to screw that up by adding and cancelling.

Thoughts anyone?

Jason

0 Likes
SrValasco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, like the original poster, when I go to my "upgrade center" to view additional products I also see NFL Red Zone channel for $0/month.   I didn't go thru with the order though.  Anyone want to try it?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

the only problem with upgrading to ultimate and then back down again that I can see, is that each time you change the main package (ultimate, extreme, prime) you renew your 1-2 year contract.

Now if you plan to stick with Verizon, this is really not an issue. But if you want to change or dont like contracts, it could be an issue.

0 Likes
DMacL

I called FiOS and they confirmed NFL RedZone is included with Ultimate.  He told me I don't need to sign up for it and that it will be there during the season.... we will see!

0 Likes