No Pause with (some) VOD
cvarner

Ok, I get that watching broadcast network television is the equivalent of eating junk food, but yes, sometimes I do it... I understand disabling FF to avoid the crappy commercials, but disabling PAUSE? I don't think I need to list the reasons why pausing a show is a valuable -- nay, invaluable -- function. How exactly is pause hurting the oh so fragile network shows?

0 Likes
Re: No Pause with (some) VOD
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I dont think you will ever get a satisfactory answer to that. The networks are really getting nitpicky on some systems....

Having said that, there was a post on another subject were the pause wasnt working and it was because the person was treating the pause/play button as one button instead of two. He was pushing the middle of the button and it wouldnt pause. So.................you are pushing the bottom of the button for pause and the top of the button for play? Right?  LOL. Just making sure Smiley Wink

0 Likes
cvarner

Hehe -- it's true, if it were before I had coffee, my operation of the remote might be suspect. Smiley Tongue

But in this case, in the pre-roll at the start of the stream, it actuallly *says* that those buttons are disabled (it may actually say "might be" disabled, which, if that's the case, I've tested it!). 

And it's ok -- wasn't really expecting an answer. I was vexed and the rant helped... 🙂

Thanks for the reply though!

0 Likes
TR-Tim
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is a workaround on this.  You can't pause on some (seems NBC is the main culprit here), but you can stop.  Then, when you go back into your recent shows, you can choose resume viewing, and it will pick up from where you stopped.  Still cant ff or rewind though.

0 Likes