No SET REMINDER available with the DVR
shantheman
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just got the Verizon DVR and am very upset that there is no option to set a reminder, only to set a recording.  Most other cable networks allow you to do both.  I hope Verizon thinks about adding this feature to the DVR box in its new revision!
Re: No SET REMINDER available with the DVR
Justin46
Legend

This has been discussed many times here and at other forums. Verizon is most definitely aware that some people want that function. They have not made any statement that I have seen about whether it will or will not be made available in the future.

When I had cable I never had that function, at least as far as I know, so I don't miss it, or think I would ever use it even if I did have it (it is available on the FiOS SD STBs, of which I have two, I tested it once just to see what it did and see no value whatsoever). I don't understand why you don't just set the DVR to record, if it turns out you don't want to watch the recording you can just delete it. Seems simple to me - I view the DVR as a tool to time-shift viewing, save one program while watching another so I can watch it in its entirety later, or save something to watch repeatedly; a reminder does none of those.

Of course, just my opinion, obviously yours is different....  Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248  

0 Likes
shantheman
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks for the reply.  I've always had the reminder feature and, I know people might not agree, but I use it all of the time and with On Demand, I don't find myself recording that much.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I should have said that, while I don't see why I personally would use the reminder feature, I do hope that Verizon does provide it in the DVR soon. After all, the more features and functions that are made available, the more people will want to have and use the DVR and FiOS TV, and that would be in Verizon's best interest as well as yours.

Keller, TX 76248 

0 Likes
IBASEBALL
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Home Media DVR is always full!!!  The way my family uses our only DVR requires much, much, much more hard drive space than Verizon allows.  I need a reminder on all receivers.  It's absurd that my standard DVR's have the reminder function, which we use daily all the time, especially to automatically switch channels for kid shows, but the most technologically advanced receiver Verizon offers does not!!!!!!!

Ridiculous
0 Likes