Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.

Message 211 of 433
(1,180 Views)

Can you provide a current example?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
carol25
Contributor
Contributor

Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.

Message 212 of 433
(1,082 Views)

On demand is a joke!  Why would I have to pay for tv shows that are already on my PAID FOR verizon package.  Enough already, I pay too too too much already for tv and internet that constantly goes out and I even bought the extra extender modem, another joke, because the internet still goes out.   

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III

Message 213 of 433
(1,069 Views)

Because the content provider is charging for them?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Ram4519
Contributor
Contributor

Hate Verizon On Demand

Message 214 of 433
(989 Views)

Absolutely nothing good to say....takes  forever to find shows and then when you do you have to pay to watch it??????  I already pay a ton and have the all the movie packages but even just watch Duck Dynasty I would have to pay.  If you pay for that channel you should not have to pay for past episodes. Rip off!

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Hate Verizon On Demand

Message 215 of 433
(976 Views)

Try contacting the channel that ran it and ask why they are charging to watch on demand episodes

MJNY
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 216 of 433
(948 Views)

I’ve been saying this since they changed to the new awful viewer but here’s the deal Verizon doesn’t care. That’s been apparent. 

They like to say it’s the networks that are charging but then that’s just Verizon’s poor negotiating skills since they are the ones who deal with the networks. 

Calling the networks is impossible so don’t even try. 

My solution is that if they are making me pay for shows I just give them up. 

I just gave up The Shannara Chronicles for this reason.  And when I move I will NEVER use Verizon for anything. So hope Verizon now makes tons of $$ for On demand and it was worth all the bad feelings they’ve acquired. 

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III

Message 217 of 433
(921 Views)

Content providers are charging everyone.

So Verizon can't negotiate something that they are doing to everyone.
And the money goes to content providers (I would assume cable companies get a percentage but bulk goes to content).

lummgr
Contributor
Contributor

Message 218 of 433
(832 Views)

So we are brand new to fios. 

My example is American Housewife on ABC.  For this season, all of the first 4 episodes are free, and the one that aired just last week has a charge. 1 week old? Very disapointing.

MJNY
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 219 of 433
(826 Views)

On Demand used to be great. Verizon used to be great. 

Now awful. 

MJNY
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 220 of 433
(825 Views)

Anyone can negotiate anything. Please. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title