Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide a current example?

0 Likes
Re: On Demand charging for new episodes on Channels that I already subscribe to.
carol251
Enthusiast - Level 2

On demand is a joke!  Why would I have to pay for tv shows that are already on my PAID FOR verizon package.  Enough already, I pay too too too much already for tv and internet that constantly goes out and I even bought the extra extender modem, another joke, because the internet still goes out.   

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because the content provider is charging for them?

0 Likes
Hate Verizon On Demand
Ram4519
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely nothing good to say....takes  forever to find shows and then when you do you have to pay to watch it??????  I already pay a ton and have the all the movie packages but even just watch Duck Dynasty I would have to pay.  If you pay for that channel you should not have to pay for past episodes. Rip off!

Re: Hate Verizon On Demand
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try contacting the channel that ran it and ask why they are charging to watch on demand episodes

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

I’ve been saying this since they changed to the new awful viewer but here’s the deal Verizon doesn’t care. That’s been apparent. 

They like to say it’s the networks that are charging but then that’s just Verizon’s poor negotiating skills since they are the ones who deal with the networks. 

Calling the networks is impossible so don’t even try. 

My solution is that if they are making me pay for shows I just give them up. 

I just gave up The Shannara Chronicles for this reason.  And when I move I will NEVER use Verizon for anything. So hope Verizon now makes tons of $$ for On demand and it was worth all the bad feelings they’ve acquired. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Content providers are charging everyone.

So Verizon can't negotiate something that they are doing to everyone.
And the money goes to content providers (I would assume cable companies get a percentage but bulk goes to content).

0 Likes
lummgr
Enthusiast - Level 1

So we are brand new to fios. 

My example is American Housewife on ABC.  For this season, all of the first 4 episodes are free, and the one that aired just last week has a charge. 1 week old? Very disapointing.

MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

On Demand used to be great. Verizon used to be great. 

Now awful. 

0 Likes
MJNY
Contributor - Level 2

Anyone can negotiate anything. Please. 

0 Likes