ON DEMAND CHOICES
DOMEIKA
Why are most of the "featured" PPV movies older than my kids? And some even older than me? I mean COME ON! Eighties movies? PPV is supposed to be where you rent something good and new, not something you can get from the "big bin" at Wal-Mart for a buck and a half.
0 Likes
Re: ON DEMAND CHOICES
Justin46
Legend

I don't use the PPV function very often, but I just went through the Featured list here and there were lots of entries with 2008, appeared to me way more than half. That doesn't seem like "most" are older than your kids or you. Are you seeing something different? 

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

Message Edited by Justin on 10-04-2008 02:22 PM
0 Likes
DOMEIKA
Yes, movies are added all year. However, the most recent additions are all 80s relics. I will put together a listing of all "featured" movies and their release dates. That won't mean much, but I will follow up weekly with all new additions and their release dates to illustrate my point statistically. There is much more old than new. Not just old.....really old.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Of course, how you view it is what is important to you, not what I see. But I just went back and did a quick summary of what I see in the "Featured" area here:

Year     Qty

1980      1 

1983      2

1986      1

1989      1

1998      1

1999      1

2001      1

2002      1

2003      1

2007      1

2008     11

Total     22

Unless I made some mistakes (very possible), 1/2 are this year, and 15 of 22 are this decade. To repeat my view, that doesn't seem that out of line, but then again, I don't use the VOD much, and I have no idea how often Verizon changes the lineup.

For completeness, there was one more featured item, but it was a Verizon thingy about the digital change (but it did have a 2008 date Smiley Happy.)

Anyway, I hope Verizon will expand in this area to make it more acceptable to you.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
Margmagoo

I love verizon FIOS TV, but the On Demand choices are so inferior to what was available on Comcast.  They had about 3 times as many "free" films, and older films were discounted or 1/2 price.  Of course it's more convenient than driving over to WalMart's bin, but we've been subscribers for almost 2 years and things haven't improved noticeably.  (SIGH) 

0 Likes
TVee
You'll get no argument from me here, that is, regarding the limited choices of "free" progrmaming from Verizon.     I decided on the Fios bundle (switching from Comcast analog) after seeing the wonderful available free programming on my daughter's Comcast On Demand when visiting there.   Silly me.  I assumed Verizon Fios would be comparable.   Color me waaaaay beyond disappointed at Verizon's offerings.
0 Likes
ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1
I'm glad to see others feel the same way.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but there's one thing I guess I actually miss about Comcast.  Well, that and that I could use my existing Tivo units with their equipment.
0 Likes